Saddlers in Worcestershire Area?

live2ride

Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good saddler in Worcestershire who is able to check and refit existing saddles, and not just try to sell me another.

I am Bromsgrove area, but really just want a reputable, recommended saddler who has been proven good. I've looked on all sites, but just wondering other people reccomendations

Last edited:

horselover2

Visit site
hi im looking too so will watch this post with interest,at the moment im looking to sell mine and part ex for another second hand..im thinking jackie roberts which isnt far from us and she will come to you which is great as dont have transport,know people who have had saddles from her and been really happy,have you heard of her?

live2ride

Visit site
Yes I've heard of her and may end up using her was just wondering if there were any others people regularly used and were happy with

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Melanie Issaacs on Hanbury Wharf, trades as Issaacs Saddlery and was trained by Ivan Holder, for those of you in the area and been in horses a while you will remember Ivan.

Mel will make you whatever you need, she is a Master Saddler.

Lizzie0682

Visit site
Jackie Roberts of Romsley is amazing. Haven't got her number to hand as I'm on hold, but if you google she should come up. Can't recommend highly enough! X

Lizzie0682

Visit site
Just saw other posts- she's fab! Really advises rather than pushes you. Went to look at a horse in staffs recently and they all said how they planned day trips over to get shop, so word clearly gets around! Used to be couple of miles away from her, now 100+ and found nowhere here a patch on her! :-(

RoobyDoobs

Visit site
I would also highly recommend Mel Isaacs saddlery... She is lovely... Really helpful. I will pm you her number xx

emalou2

s400.photobucket.com
Ive used Jackie before but more recently a lady called Jane Saunders from Stourport. Provided my lovely K2 Albion saddle. Very reasonable and been in the trade years. PM me if you want her no x

live2ride

Visit site
Emalou2 does Jane Saunders fit current saddle the owner has, or just provide new saddles and fit them?

New to all this so not sure if every saddler will fit my current saddles :/

thanks

gingerarab

Visit site
I have just had a saddle fitted by Jackie Roberts and i am really pleased with it !

I remember Ivan well, nothing was ever too much trouble, really nice chap :) what happened to him ?

RoobyDoobs

Visit site
Emalou2 does Jane Saunders fit current saddle the owner has, or just provide new saddles and fit them?

New to all this so not sure if every saddler will fit my current saddles :/

thanks

Hi there,
To the best of my knowledge Jane Saunders only replaces rather than adjusts/re-fits existing saddles.
RD

vicky86

Visit site
I think Jane just fits new saddles, I've used her before though and can recommend her if that's what your after. I do know of another lady who does alter/fit owners existing saddles her name is Helen leidum(sp?) she's lovely. I've never personally used her but know a few people who have and they are very happy with results. I can prob get hold of her number if your interested.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have just had a saddle fitted by Jackie Roberts and i am really pleased with it !

I remember Ivan well, nothing was ever too much trouble, really nice chap :) what happened to him ?

Ivan retired, still lives in Bromsgrove and is still doing plenty of sport, I see him regularly at the Dolphin Centre, Bromsgrove.

My horses are still using all the beautiful handmade bridles he made for me.

Melanie will make whatever is needed to the same standard, supplies, fits and alters new and used saddles.

welshies

Visit site
Hi there,
To the best of my knowledge Jane Saunders only replaces rather than adjusts/re-fits existing saddles.
RD

Jane Saunders does re-fit existing saddles if she feels they need it! She doesn't do it her self but has a master saddler that does it for her, only takes a few days and she (i assume she still does) will offer you the loan of a replacement to use in the mean time if you need to be riding every day etc. She re-flocked my last one. Have been using her for 10 years, infact will be calling her soon to come out to my youngster. As someone else has said she is very approachable and won't sell you something you don't need or don't want! Usually knocks off the fitting charge if you do purchase a saddle, she works with equimix feeds.