Saddles for showing

Collytown

Visit site
I need to purchase a new saddle for my TB, didnt plan on doing any comps with him as he was just supposed to be a happy hacker, but have just started to have some lessons and RI said I should show him.

I always thought he was to good to be just a happy hacker so had thought about doing some dressage (as he had done fairly well with previous owner) but I am not very good at this, get very nervous and then make loads of mistakes, like always forget the walk. I got to thinking about comps I had done in the past and realised its only if I am in the ring on my own that I have problems, its the everybody just looking at me I cant cope with but with showing i would not be on my own.

Anyway sorry going off subject a bit, the saddle I have been looking at is the thorowgood T4 high wither GP, would it be ok to do riding horse or ex-racer class at shows at local level in this saddle or should I look at the T6?

Theresa_F

Visit site
Local you will get away with a GP, anything higher you need a showing cut saddle or you could get away with a working hunter saddle which I use as I can then jump and do dressage in it as well should you wish to.

Good luck with the showing.