saddles in car

Fieldlife

Visit site
The only thing about freestanding saddle stands is they can fall over so worse for the saddle as it could get damaged. I used to put mine on my front seat to travel to the yard

It is an option, but sometimes I will go on to work and park in work car park etc., I guess it might be okay on my back seat at work with a few coats over it. I was thinking in the boot be best as out of sight.

Is it harmful to regularly store saddle on the pommel on a flat surface if padded and leant up against side?

Sealine

Visit site
I keep my saddle in the boot of my car. My husband made me a wooden saddle rack. It does tip over if you take a corner too fast or brake hard. I try to only leave my saddle in the car when it's parked on my drive. If I'm going to leave my car somewhere public my saddle (and the rack) are left at home in the hall.

onemoretime

Visit site
It is an option, but sometimes I will go on to work and park in work car park etc., I guess it might be okay on my back seat at work with a few coats over it. I was thinking in the boot be best as out of sight.

Is it harmful to regularly store saddle on the pommel on a flat surface if padded and leant up against side?

I use those saddle stands in my car but I use 2 one for the dressage saddle and one for the GP. That way they keep each other up. I always have a saddle cover over the saddles.

Fieldlife

Visit site
I keep my saddle in the boot of my car. My husband made me a wooden saddle rack. It does tip over if you take a corner too fast or brake hard. I try to only leave my saddle in the car when it's parked on my drive. If I'm going to leave my car somewhere public my saddle (and the rack) are left at home in the hall.
Realistically I can’t always do this as I ride on the way to / from places. But out of sight in boot should be relatively okay ( not going anywhere dodgy).

Becc

Visit site
I’ve got 2 bold boxes to transport my saddles in the car. They’re great, the saddles don’t fall off and the inside of the box is very useful for storage.