saddles - which to stay away from???

pearcider

Visit site
Id look on he master saddlers web site to find a good saddler.

As to staying away from saddles Ive been told by a few saddlers Jaguar have caused problems due to flocking underneath being narrow and it slopes away at the back.

Jade17

Visit site
I agree with 'ihatework'

My boy has high wither, slighty roach back, and a big shoulder also at the time of original fitting he had lack of muscle on his back due to an old injury (before I got him) and I have both ideals one DR one Jump both have very large gussets and have also alongside saddle fitter have improved the muscle in his back and he goes wonderfully in them.

Again I would use the master saddlers website to find a saddlefitter, at the end of the day saddle fitting is very important and worth taking your time over :) x

Tnavas

Visit site
What do folks think of the barnsby saddles? (dr and gp)

Thanks.

Historically they have always been good saddles but I wouldn't know what the modern ones are like now as I've been in New Zealand for 23yrs now and we only see the odd one or two here mostly brought over when people have emigrated here.

I've just bought a lovely Fulmer dressage thats about 30 years old - leather is superb quality and the saddle is in fantastic condition.

back to the OP original question - the Bates range are excellent - these are popular saddles in New Zealand as they are made in Australia so are readily available. I had one of each type at one time, a Bates Caprilli Dressage, a Caprilli Close Contact and a Bates Olympia GP. All fit the horse well and are comfortable to ride in. I used to buy the Olympia's whenever they came on the market second hand for my riding school as they placed the rider well and were easy to fit.