Saddles with flat tree: saddlers derby

horsehappy

Visit site
Hi

I'm having a bit of a saddle nightmare :(

I need a gp saddle with a flat tree for my warmblood. I've had a few saddle fitters out and not yet found anything suitable- was hoping to go down the 2nd hand route as news newly backed so still growing.

Think I'm going to have to get new now but wondered if anyone knew which makes/types of saddle have flatter trees as don't want to waste my time getting fitters out who stock saddles that will be unsuitable as most seem to only do a few brands.

Also any recommendations on saddlers in Derbyshire area also greatly received- especially ones who stocked a large selection of used ones :)

Pixxie

Visit site
you poor thing I've just been through this with my flat backed WB mare!! and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i tried 8 saddles 2 second hand and of course had to go brand new! however in my experience black country saddles do tend to have flatter trees and a 2nd hand dressage one did actually fit my mare until she broke it :) . the saddle I've ended up with for her now is an Albion SLK on a new flat tree they are now doing and they seem to fit these shaped horses really well. Not only is my mare in a flat treed albion but so are the two Lusitano stallions on my trainers yard. As for saddlers she is based in Notts but i don't know if she may travel to derbyshire or you can go to her for sure? Debbie Richardson is fabulous really took her time with getting the right thing for my horse and myself and went above and beyond to find as many options for us as she could inc some Harry Dabbs (horse liked i didn't) Bliss of London (their cheaper range though) Barnsby (no good for either of us) etc etc etc really rated her!

Hunty91

Visit site
I'm based in Derby and had Judith Richardson out to fit a saddle to my boy - we went for a made to measure Saddle Company Cob GP, which has a flatter tree. So far so good. Judith is also based Nottingham way, but she comes out to Derby. I don't know how many second hand saddles she has though, she did part-ex mine, you should have a chat with her.