Saddles with same tree shape as Ideal Jessica?

beanie176

Visit site
I have come to accept that my derrière is a little to large for my Ideal Jessica dressage saddle, and as such, need to find a saddle in a seat size (or 2!) larger. In a perfect world I would just find another Ideal Jessica. The tree shape is correct for the horse it's on, so does anyone know of any other saddles with the same shape?
I will ask my saddle fitter as well, but thought I could spend the bank holiday getting a head start on searching.
Thank you in advance

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Can your horse take the extra length?
A longer saddle will probably fit differently to the one you have now, even if it's the same sort of tree.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
my ideal VSD seems to be be the same :). It's been a while since I sat in either but I think I have a bit more room in the VSD (both 17")

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would stick with your fitter, the fit does change slightly in a larger seat size, and of course he may not be able to take it. The Jessica tree is in one or two saddles (Josephine showing saddle from memory,as an example), but Ideal make most saddles to order so they can vary, I've seen a Susannah with a Jessica tree in it.

HayleyUK

Visit site
I’ve got a susannah build on a h&C tree on a Jessica panel... so basically a Jessica with more room for the rider.

it’s for sale as doesn’t fit my pony

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I’ve got a susannah build on a h&C tree on a Jessica panel... so basically a Jessica with more room for the rider.

it’s for sale as doesn’t fit my pony

The tree goes with the panel, the panel (the flocked bit) has to match the shape of the tree, they are designed to match and it's all about the fit for the horse, nothing to do with the seat. Usually it's just a certain tree with a different flap. Intrigued as to which bit could be Jessica....they might have treated the tree very slightly differently to make it feel more like the Jessica for you?

HayleyUK

Visit site
The tree goes with the panel, the panel (the flocked bit) has to match the shape of the tree, they are designed to match and it's all about the fit for the horse, nothing to do with the seat. Usually it's just a certain tree with a different flap. Intrigued as to which bit could be Jessica....they might have treated the tree very slightly differently to make it feel more like the Jessica for you?

The Suzannah ‘off the peg’ comes on a deeper panel which made me feel a hundred miles from the pony.

The Jessica had a slimmer panel, but didn’t sit as nicely on the pony. I preferred the closeness of the Jessica.

We compromised and built a Suzannah on the same panel as the Jessica.