Saddles

Shavings

Visit site
so i am trying to will my self on thought January

and i want a new saddle for chance (going to be saving and working extra hours for this so its not a right now thing)

on my old Tb gelding he had a black country mono flap vinici (dressage) i loved it but sadly a narrow can now be made XX Wide! I loved the deep seat and how secure i felt, along with the fact it allowed my knee to feel loose (14 knee operations so its important to me its not uncomfortable)

so chance is a very different shape he has spun ribs and is very wide in the back, however does have a wither (will try and get some photos)

i am not a jumping and will not jump in the for see-able future

our arm is dressage,schooling, showing (low level) and hacking

he wears brown tack (Kent and masters said they wouldn't make sure a brown saddle unless we ordered 4 to use up the leather! no thanks i can only just about afford one)

so here are the saddle i like but whats your thoughts for a 16'2 cob/hunter

Chunky money dressage saddle
Ideal Jessica
Or Save up work more hours and buy him a vinici?

so which saddle would you go for?

or is there some thing else?

Please bare in mind i live on the isle of man so cant just call a saddler to come let me test ride a few it will be a case of getting him plated and sending it of along with photos

be positive

Visit site
My first thought is the saddle you loved may feel very different on a wider horse so be very careful about committing to a made to measure based on the previous one, if you could find a second hand one that fitted you may hate it but it would be less risk, I like the Ideals generally as they are fairly deep but not too blocky and restrictive so that would be my first choice, one of my liveries had a m2m from Ideal with a narrow twist to allow for her hip issues, it was a good value purchase arranged through our local saddler once he had done a template, it was then adjusted slightly by him when it was delivered.