Saddlle fitter recommendation - Rugby, Warks

magic14

Visit site
Hi,

I'm new here and looking for a bit of advice! I've been trying to read through all the forums the last few months - I still have a way to go, you lot can talk! :D

Anyway, I've searched the forum and haven't really found much in the way of recommended saddle fitters in the Rugby, Warks area. I've seen a few posts with people saying they'll pm ones to steer clear of ... so any pm's appreciated! :)

I've contacted one saddle fitter who I saw recommended many times on here but heard nothing back. So if anyone has someone they could recommend please speak up, it'd be much appreciated :)

magic14

Visit site
Thanks both :)
I had seen several posts about Jo Beavis, but then saw a few negative ones too. It's so hard to know who to choose! Especially as where I am no one has really used a fitter!!! :eek:

MissChaos

Visit site
Sarah at Tower Farm has been very good in my experience and their stock is also wide-ranging. Separately, if you can get Kay Humphries, she has the most amazing reputation and I think she'll cover your area.

magic14

Visit site
Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else in the future is searching for recommendations...

Aimee was brilliant from the start - when arranging the appointment she answered all my questions and sent me some information on what to expect at the fitting.

When Aimee arrived she immediately put me at ease with her friendly nature. I'd already spoken with Aimee about the 3 saddles I was interested in so she'd brought the 3 with her.

Anyway, all in all she was with me for nearly 3 hours and not once did I feel pressured into buying or my choice in which one to buy, there was quite a price difference between the two saddles we'd narrowed it to as a best fit for my horse and me.
I made my final decision (most expensive one! :eek:)... eventually! :eek: and only then did Aimee (and my friend) confirm that was the one they thought, she wanted the decision to be mine as they both fitted us both perfectly.

So even though I'm now broke - I have a lovely new saddle and am so happy! :D
Aimee will return after I've had 25 hours in the saddle so that she can recheck everything and make sure all is ok, I also have a 7 day change my mind guarantee! :D

Dumbo

Visit site
Yay happy that you got a saddle and glad Aimee lived up to her good reputation! Haven't used her myself but have only heard good things :)

magic14

Visit site
I can't stop smiling especially when I walk past it and can smell the leather! :eek:
Thanks for the recommendation Dumbo :)