Safety irons for endurance and small feet

Roxylola

Visit site
I don't know specific rules on endurance, but what about acavallo alupro? They do a junior size and are quite light with a good tread on them (and safety release)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Can you try looking at some Icelandic irons? They always have the 90 degree slot.

Or, these HM ones come in a 4.5". https://www.hmsaddles.com/products/hm-stirrup-irons - they have a wide tread and a 90 degree slot.

(I did a lot of scouting about for irons for me so I looked at lots of things like this)

Thank you, I'd forgotten about those, not quite safety ones but they should help with leg stability, she has hinged stirrups which by definition don't help with stability as they throw our proprioception completely!

Steerpike

Visit site
I have found endurance stirrups tend to come in one size, there are a few makes the majority have cages, like podium, equine flex or EZ ride, I don't think many will have the 90 degree turn though, I have used podium in the past and am now using flex on.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
The 90 degree bit is really important to me when advising customers, there are tons of options that don't have it. It makes no sense to me, it saves cost but some of these are eye wateringly expensive for things that aren't so necessary.

webble

Visit site
Thank you, I'd forgotten about those, not quite safety ones but they should help with leg stability, she has hinged stirrups which by definition don't help with stability as they throw our proprioception completely!
My mind has blanked on what they are called but you can get clips that go between the stirrup and the leather that snap off in an emergency. they would work with the HM ones

I have lemieux stirrups which are wide tread and angled, I think they come in child size too but I am a narrow size 5 and they work for me

Last edited: