Safety stirrup recommendations- allowed for PC?

Littledunwelshie

New User
Visit site
Hi, can anyone recommend safety stirrups I might not have seen? Current stirrups just been banned by Pony Club. Peacocks don't suit, and the new rules ban anything with "enhanced grip" which seems to rule a few out. Any suggestions appreciated!

Skib

sites.google.com
I hack in Sprenger. The straight version. I am an adult but they feel like normal stirrups to me. And their rubbers look normal. I love them.
I fell off at speed yesterday wearing my heavy winter boots and using Sprenger stirrups of the correct width for those boots. My boots did not catch in the stirrups at all.
I did once have my boot catch in a RS stirrup and luckilly did not get dragged. But that fall made me very wary of stirrups that grip.

Littledunwelshie

New User
Visit site
Hmm, thank you, I do have a pair of Sprenger hanging around, but worry that her whole foot might slide through as her feet are only little and the irons tends to slip back to the heel of her boot unless she has the magnet stirrups. I'll take a look and see what Sprenger's smallest size is and whether they might be better for her than normal stirrups. Thanks!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I don't find Sprenger's comfortable at all, so something to consider perhaps.

They are pricey but would Flex On's meet the PC requirements? They do a child's version.

Littledunwelshie

New User
Visit site
Thanks, I just had a look at the flex ons. I am not sure- the new rule says "no enhanced grip" and the description of flex ons says
"Ultra Grip footbed is made from moulded POM with crimped pins made of hardened steel". I think I'll have to make a list and then ask specifically before I buy some- will add these to it, thank you for the suggestion.

Kaylum

Visit site
Make sure what you get are not too lightweight. Have seen loads of people loose their stirrups and instead of them dropping down back into place they end up flying backwards on the stirrup leather.

Andrew657

Visit site
Don't know about PC rules - but may be worth looking at escape safety stirrups they do a classic version - which doesnt look like it has enhanced grip