Safety stirrups

Snapshot2016

Visit site
So I’ve decided I need a new pair of safety stirrups, Iv had freejumps previously and had my foot caught in them quite a few times, I currently have the ordinary flex ons but have read a few bad reviews of there safety version… any recommendations? I have sore knees and love a grippy footbed but there are so many types Of stirrup out I’m not sure what to invest in?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Sprenger Bow Balance for me too.

I like that they are heavy enough to hang down if you lose them. I also like that, although the rubber tread isn't slippery, my feel can slide out if there is a whoopsie.

I like the bendy aspect for my knees and ankles, but not super bendy so as to feel unstable. I also like that, if there is a whoopsie, the bendy aspect helps the foot to come out and not wedge.

I just commented on another thread about stirrups. These are what I use.

cold_feet

Visit site
I’m investing in new stirrups following a nasty accident resulting in a broken foot. I’m looking at the Acavalo Alupro after reading this thread, but wonder if someone can tell me if they will work with Bates Webber’s leathers? The hole looks like it might be a bit of a tight fit.

AntiPuck

Visit site
I’m investing in new stirrups following a nasty accident resulting in a broken foot. I’m looking at the Acavalo Alupro after reading this thread, but wonder if someone can tell me if they will work with Bates Webber’s leathers? The hole looks like it might be a bit of a tight fit.

I don't have Bates leathers, but just measured and the hole is just under 3.5cms widthways and just over 1cm in height, if that helps at all.

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
They work fine with Bates webbers.

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I switched all ours to Alupro after getting stuck in my Opera when mounting. Never used them after that. I love the wide tread on them.
I used to have Sprenger bow balance but now find them too mobile for my ankles. 5 years ago they were the only thing I could use. I think it really depends on where you feel discomfort. I have got stronger and ride for longer.

Skib

sites.google.com
I ride in straight Sprengers. I have had no joint problems but lately I have been riding only once a week and only 75 minutes.
Peacock are not safe if one weighs over 9st 7lbs which I now do

jenni999

Visit site
Acavallo AluPro gets another vote here. I am old(ish) and have a metal ankle and my knees aren't great. So they do 2 jobs, they open easily if you fall and they give great support so are really comfortable. I tried Freejumps - hated them