Safs 10 and Cptn M Phillips clinic

Saf

community.webshots.com
Evening

On Sat Saf was 10 years old, only seems like yesterday I was sleeping in my car waiting for her to be born, every year I take photos and she has a ballon and treats............mad I know
ooo.gif

Before we start here is my naughty JRT Jake who I now put on the walker each day
tongue.gif

Anyway how is she looking and can I also ask you on suggestions for a husband?
With her birthday ballon...bothered!

Near side

Off side

Just before she tanked off with me

Right onto today and the Cptn Mark Phillips clinic which I was so looking forward too.........horses are great levellers
blush.gif

Got to the trust and she came out calm and sweet, went into the indoor to warm up still good girl.............then went outside and the wind was blowing a gale and Mark was wearing a microphone through the speaker system......well that was it my beautiful girl turned into a monster and refused to go anywhere near the speaker..............I was
shocked.gif
ooo.gif
blush.gif

We warmed up trot canter then started over a small oxer, which was fine on the right rein no where near the speaker but rather interesting on the left where she would go sideways, spin, rush off and bike the corner before locking on to the fence....more
blush.gif

If I could have gone home at this point I would have and sorry to anyone else in the group including Boss's sister
blush.gif

Mark was fantastic and turned off the speaker each time I went but the damage was done she still refused to go anywhere near the speaker

The exercise was then upright to oxer on 4 strides and back the other way, he immediately sused how Safs stride length varies so much from 6 to 12
blush.gif
esp when she is tense but did manage 2 excelents on the right rein
grin.gif

He is very much on riding to the deep spot.

We then did the oxer to dog leg and round to upright 4 strides back to the same oxer only he wanted Saf to pull up before the oxer on the second time, it took us 3 attempts to get the full stop, I thought she was going to jump him and the fence
shocked.gif

Dads camera was not working and this is the only photo

At the end he seemed to like her saying she jumped when she got there but must keep the stride length the same
wink.gif
got her back to the lorry she remained wired, got back home she started striking out at me in the lorry and almost cantered off the ramp then proceded to be manic in her stable..........decided to ride her again and she was an angel doing flying changes and being my Saf
smile.gif

Got her back to the stable and she went to pee she was raging in season......boy what a day
laugh.gif

Thanks for reading, Mark was fantastic I just wish I could have felt Saf would let me ride her, I had a few tears
frown.gif
and please suggest husbands for her
grin.gif

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
From the photos, I would suggest someone with a bit of bone and a calm temperament.

Now this is probaly useless, but I would suggest Vivaldi a Trakaner (out of Valuta by Suzerama). I have one of his sons (gelding), and alltough he is a DR stallion his sons can jump!
He always passes on his temperament and movement.

The reason this may be useless is that I am in Australia =)

Incase, he a 17.2hh brown stallion, placed at Advanced DR before retiering to stud due to injury. His sire Valuta was imported from Germany and was a top class Gand Prix horse.
Stud fee is $1,320 AUD (frozen & chilled available)
Phone: +61 2 4566 8363.
I don't know if he is still standing at stud.

This is pics of Valuta (Vivaldi's dad):
http://www.australian.trakehner.com.au/i...0&Itemid=40

This is Vivaldi:
http://www.australian.trakehner.com.au/i...6&Itemid=29

I have nothing to do with either stallion, just put up all this detail becasue it is better than Uni work.

Joss

Visit site
She looks extremely well & is very nice. I know what its like when you cant really have a proper lesson because they are being daft. At least you still managed to do a fair bit & appreciated a good trainer. The last outdoor SJ lesson I had the trainer's only helpful suggestion was that I hacked to my next event......great!!

Not much of an expert on breeding but she looks a super type to make nice babies!

TableDancer

Visit site
I am a big fan of Wish Upon a Star, ridden by Michael Jackson and currently standing at Grafham Stud (AI only). He's a very blood-type,quality Warmblood who moves and jumps like a dream and has an excellent temperament. Also quite reasonable as young, so not fully proven himself and no progeny about yet. I'm betting he'll get pricier!

http://www.grafhamstud.co.uk/wishuponastar.php
http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/Events/Results.aspx?HorseId=74431

Re Clinic, sounds fab if frustrating. As far as MP's love of the deep spot is concerned, he came up with the saying which I use a lot when I'm teaching: Every time you go to the deep spot you put £5 in your horse's "confidence bank". Every time you go on a long one you take £5 out. So you should look for the deep spot as often as you can to put lots of money in the bank - that way when you see the occasional flyer there is a big credit balance of confidence and you will be fine. If you always go for the long ones, you'll soon have an overdraft and won't have anything to draw on when you need it. I think that's such a cool analogy (Ooh, more GB points??
smile.gif
), I don't know if he still uses it...

BBs

Visit site
Saf looks truely stunning, fit and very well.
Such a shame she wasnt quite with you during your CMP lesson but sounds like you took a lot of info home
smile.gif

As for husbands... Im liking the trakhener route like others have suggested. Contis is indeed a lovely stamp of a horse, but equally very young and at this time there no off spring to really see what hes throwing.

Nice lot of stallions on this site http://www.grafhamstud.co.uk/stallions.php
grin.gif

Worried1

Visit site
I love the JRT on the walker - reckon I could persuade my dad to get one using the dog exerciser theory
wink.gif

Saf looks great, I didn't realise how big she was.

The outdoor school fence is a little low there isn't it
wink.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Love the dog!! And how frustrating she didnt want to play ball for the clinic!!
frown.gif

Re stallions I'd be wary of using a stallion that is solely based on dressage bloodlines as mentioned above- both stallions ( although they have good event records, there is no denying that) are founded on generations of dressage bred horses breeding mostly only dressage horses in turn- I'd worry that any of their foals might be non-jumpers. For Saf I'd look at a jumping sire that is founded on jumping or event lines purely because I'd imagine that you'd want a foal that was a bit more reliable and braver with its jumping?

I think that Jumbo would be a good cross for her as Saf is very much a blood type- that would produce a nice big strong horse.

Or you could go for a blood type like Grafenstolz or Jaguar Mail?

Weston Justice would be another idea , I like his bloodlines,but there seems to be no pictures available anywhere showing his conformation so who knows what he looks like.

ajf

Visit site
Oh check Saf out! She is stunning in the pics!!!
And good luck with the husband finding, all I'll suggest is something not to big!!!
wink.gif
grin.gif

sarahs

Visit site
Hiya C !
Jake on the walker made my day !
Sorry to read about your lesson ! really feel for you, saf you ratbag ! mare's eh !
Loving O'B's suggestion of jaguar mail ! You know he is my fav !
Sx

Saf

community.webshots.com
Rather like him but he is grey
frown.gif
Love his dressage scores, might have to rethink the colour thing have it in my head it has to be bay like Saf, although I love Trelliver Decanter
smile.gif

Saf is TB x Han/Trak so a full trak would be great
grin.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
I like him lots and fab record, have started a stallion folder so I can keep all the suggestions and refer back, also like Jigilo from the same stud, god this is going to be so hard when the time comes

My wish list would be bay mare to make 16.1 for SJ and dress as by the time it is born and ready to break I will be 50 so eventing might be out of the question
wink.gif

Love what MP said to you about the confidence bank will have to remember that one, so very true
grin.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Thanks V have added the stud to my folder, swaying to a trak at this stage but a year to go so have plenty of time to change my mind over and over
confused.gif
grin.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Apparantly a number of horses have jumped out before, it was smaller than the fences and they were fairly small
smile.gif

Yes Saf is big 17h last measured
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Well there's another HHOer I've almost met and not known anything about it - I was there yesterday, I went with Boss's sister!
laugh.gif

Such a shame I didn't take many photos - I took a lot of Tam but decided not to take any of anyone else, even though I did notice "that big mare" looking particularly photogenic (while staring across at the speaker, snorting and upsetting everyone else
grin.gif
)
Am now kicking myself - I wish I had known!

Oh, and there were a few comments anyway on how well you handled the situation... a lot better than someone else in the previous session who ended up being ignored by Mark because she was so wound up about her mare spooking at the speaker and so ended up being quite rude to him! I was impressed that you just went in, got on with it, jumped as best you could and (hopefully) got something out of the lesson. I thought everyone in the last session did quite well!
smile.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Gosh what a shame we did not get to say hi, I did see the girl in the session before and was embarassed by her arguing with him
blush.gif

Saf was a huge pain but I tried to grin through it, thank you for your kind comments, I loved Tams horse and the horse with Martin just hope we did not put them off too much
blush.gif

If we get to go back again, not sure they will let us please come say hello
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I loved Martin's horse too, a really lovely type, and of course Walt is just gorgeous
grin.gif
and has improved so much since I last saw him jump (last season!) It was odd to watch my boss being told how to ride!
I hope it's not as windy next time (and that all the speakers are working!)
laugh.gif