Sam is well and truly broken - claiming invalidity benefit

samuelhorse

Visit site
Sam is now over his recent bout of laminitis, cold feet, no pulses, happy vet, ermmmmmm,,,, till he noticed he still isnt quite sound, then failed a flexion test. More xrays show the start of ringbone along his pastern.
So, no riding 6 - 12 weeks, vet back at 6 weeks, xrays at 12 weeks..........
BUT, I can stop soaking the hay!!!!!!!!!11
Feeling bit sorry for myself........

Sam feeling better, obviously as he is starting to get his 'attitude' back.

Vet hoping the 'no riding' will stop the development of the ringbone progressing (i think) Was a bit shocked at the time that we were dealing with the laminitis and another underlying problem.

Any tips , get well vibes please!

Think my horse will be on invalidity benefit and now got long term sick note, havent been ridden since June, and was so looking forward to a summer of long hacks.......................
crazy.gif

Boodle

Visit site
Sounds very like how we discovered Boo's arthritis.
Laminitis, leading to the discovery of further problems.
frown.gif

Horses eh.

alleycat

Visit site
I think sometimes the laminitis is the RESULT of some other lameness: horse is uncomfortable; stands oddly- overloads one foot to relieve the other; sparks laminitis - shifts weight again, can't get comfy, damages itself some more... We had a pony mare with lameness that started off as a minor injury but shifted from leg to leg- feet cool, no obvious sign of laminitis but a canny old vet treated for it anyway - and his hunch proved correct.

Edited to say, I like the piccy of Sam showing his 'attitude'!

Oops! Incapacity benefit rather than Invalidity benefit
wink.gif
Us crips find being 'invalid' rather insulting (even if it *is* true)
smile.gif