Same Pony????? Opinions Please!

Shay

Visit site
It would be a lot easier if you had 2 good clear photos. The only difference I can spot is that the pony in the rug appears to have a much fuller tail than the one in the first image - but that could be due to passage of time.

It might help if you are able to say why you are in court over this and what it is you need to prove?

dizzydog

Visit site
I'm in court because she was sold as a 10 year old but after I posted on here a while ago a previous owner got in touch saying that she is closer to 20 years!

The picture of her rugged was supplied by the previous owner.

russianhorse

Visit site
I agree - certainly looks very similar

I'm assuming your pony that you bought and managed to retire went missing? And you've yet to find her? If you want to, you can PM me some details in case I may be of help? :)

littlemare_

Visit site
Its so hard to tell in rug and boots, i think it would be hard to prove.

However, they both show white face markings, and the lighter part of her muzzle seems to end around the same place and has that 'dip'. Also no markings on front legs, black hooves, marking on back legs, white hooves. Other than that same look about her build in but thats just the breed..

This is really all i can think of, sorry but so hard with those photos :(

Kaylum

Visit site
I would say yes because if you look at her face you can see white and her back leg just under her travel boots looks to be a bit of white.

celia

Visit site
The rugged photo does look like a younger version of the pony to me but there's no way to be sure of that. If you're wanting proof that the pony is older then you were told then wouldn't a report from an EDT be more use than an old photo?

Last edited:

crabbymare

Visit site
You need a better picture showing her hooves and her face and leg markings so that you can compare them properly

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Could the old owner go and see the pony in the flesh to confirm whether or not she was their pony?

Does the old owner have any better photos?

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
The slightly bulgy underside of neck is similar, and the face looks similar, but what about vet opinion from the teeth etc, they should be able to say that horse is youngish or aged. Not accurately but enough to distinguish between a 10 and 20 yo.

Do you have any previous info about the horse re scars, whorls of hair positions etc? These are not erasable and are individual to the horse. I'm assuming there's no freeze mark or microchip.

Without something conclusive i don't think it will possible to prove its the same horse (after all that's why microchipping needed to be brought in) but if a vet can say its many years older than it was sold as then you should at least be compensated for the difference in value.

stormox

Visit site
Its very similar- but I think the off hind has black at the front of sock in one pic, and not in the other. Its really hard to tell with all the clothing on tho.

dizzydog

Visit site
She is freezemarked and I'm waiting for the outcome of a search on that. I am also getting an equine dentist (or two!) to give me an idea of her age. I just wanted people's opinions. Unfortunately the previous owner is on holiday so I can't get a better picture. It is just a preliminary hearing on Monday though and the previous owner has offered to come to court with me to testify if the matter goes further. I've called just about every passport agency and I can't get a match on either her current or previous name. Hopefully her freezemark will come up trumps!

Thanks for everyone's help :)

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I've seen these two pictures on here before. Not sure if you posted them.

It looks like the same pony, but hard to be 100% sure.

FionaM12

Visit site
I think the clearest way to say for sure is to provide clear photos of the pony's face markings as it seems to have a small blaze.

hnmisty

Visit site
They have the same stance, but beyond that cannot say more conclusively. You'd want a side-on view on flat ground with no boots, rug etc, and also front on for facial markings.

Have you had a vet look at her teeth? Not set in stone, but will give you an idea of age.