same unridable horse from essex readvertised

crazyponys

Visit site
cant remember who posted about her friends 16hh horse
who was on horsemart being sold by R.G
some poor person must have brought it thinking its rideable.
the ad starts 16hh 14 yr old warmblood kent.
no pic but refusing to let anyone ride it
poor thing is going to get passed from pillar to post
hurtng people as he goes
frown.gif

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
It was my friend's horse!! Argh, it makes me so cross! I am guessing that these people bought him at a bargin price, as RG only had him up for about £500 - they are obviously trying to make back what they have already lost on him. I hate to say it, but the best thing that could happen for poor old Henry would be for him to be PTS. No one will pay that for a companion horse. He is 21 NOT 14 as they keep advertising! He cannot be ridden, and could potentially hurt someone if he is!

trundle

Visit site
Oh my word - "sold from field as i don't want to upset him by putting total strangers on his back"....but when i buy him and get him home, I'll still be a total stranger to him, and I'll have to get on his back sometime ! Poor horse. I wonder why they don;t put him on Project Horses.

crazyponys

Visit site
thanks zoe you were who i couldnt remember.
justwanted to re kindle the thread so someone on here
doesnt go to buy it as a 14yr old riding horse wen he isnt
poor horse

lilpinkdonkey4

Visit site
Just read about the whole saga. Poor horse, i just wish that someone who knows what they're doing finds him and knows to retire him. But i guess the way he is being sold (price, age, dodgy story- i mean, why would breaking your thumb mean you cant ride? i carried on riding with a broken foot and im sure others carry on through worse than a broken thumb...!) means that he wont fall into the right, experienced hands. If i had the funds then i would take him on... he looks like a very kind boy.

If it is written in the same style then presumably he hasnt actually sold and is still with the dealer maybe being advertised in a different name?

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Why don't they see if a rescue centre will take him.They have 3 horses for sale on there but say private sale, it makes me laugh at these 'private' sales that have multiple horses for sale.
Poor thing I wish your friend had a conscience

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Do you think it would be worth call the owner to tell her what you know??? I guessing she doesn't have a clue what she really brought. At least that way there may be a chance she will do the right thing by the horse and take on the dealer to recoup her loses.
crazy.gif
..........................Anyone want to guess how she broke her thumb.
frown.gif

eoe

Visit site
I think we should all lobby Trading Standards and the BBC's programmes Watchdog and also I seem to remember a programme called Rogue Traders, I seem to remember that a dealer from Kent was featured on a BBC programme and an article was in the horse and hound about him. We have three dealers in Essex, RG, MB and also MR (female). Please beware MB has been taken to court and all anyone has ever ended up with was their money refunded and a large legal bill, others have had their horses PTS and not followed it up through any legal channels. Why was the Kissing Spine not treated through a vet? I know op and aftercare costs about £5k but insurance would cover it.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
As I said in my previous post about this.

If someone has the land to keep him on - I am happy to stump up some money to help buy him and give him a happy retirement. It would have to be part of a syndicate, or with one other person though.

Leah3horses

Visit site
I'm miles away, West Yorks/Lancs border but I have land and a stable this boy could have, with company and tlc for the rest of his days.Unfortunately I can't go and buy this poor horse but I can def help with a forever home for him, and do the right thing for him if/when he needs that.

I rescued a 19 yr old mare from France and thought I'd found her a forever companion home so I could go and rescue another one (she was free to good home). She ended up being advertised less than 3 weeks later for 2.5k as a school mistress by a dealer.I got the police and TS involved but she vanished overnight. I have never been able to trace her.

There are some disgraceful fraudsters and uncaring people in horses aren't there
frown.gif
. I will never part with any of mine becuase of the nightmare I had and similar sad stories we frequently hear about.