San Schufro progeny

Durham

Visit site
Has anyone on here got any San Schufro youngsters? I have him shortlisted to use for next year, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Lovely stallion but don't, the semen quality is poor unfortunately, although the service we recieved from the AI centre concerned was excellent, it was just the semen quality and pregnancy rates.
Actually, we don't think its the stallion necessary we (a few people that have used stallions from the same stables and all had the same problems) think that its to do with a change in semen extender but who knows, I don't know enough to say thats definitely the case, but all I can say is the quaility of the semen arriving and number of pregnancies being achieved reduced in line with the change of extender being used. My mare took first time to a different stallion from the UK and has then also taken first time to Johnson.

Smee

Visit site
I too have a mare who was put to him twice & didn't take. Took 1st time with a different stallion too.

beaniebaby

New User
Visit site
Hi, we had also been thinking of using San Schufro on our mare as we already have a 4 year old full sister to San Schufro who is a dream to ride - great movement combined with a fabulous temperament. So it is disappointing to hear from others that the semen is of poor quality.

Durham

Visit site
I know of one two year old - mare conceived easily - but was hoping for more information and am also disappointed to hear about the semen issues.