Sandon Saddlery to Close 31 January 2015

crabbymare

Visit site
What a shame :( I had many happy hours rumaging around in there and they stocked things that you could not find elsewhere. does anyone know what on earth will happen to all their old stuff or have they not got as much of it now?

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
such a shame but guess it was a matter of time. Going to Sandon was a huge treat when I was a kid-parents would take my outgrown clothes and part-ex them for newer ones (for youngsters-riding clobber was relatively expensive back then). We'd go once a year or so and have lunch at the Little Chef! I last went a few years ago. They have some awful looking bits there, old ones, that they said they would never sell so I wonder what will happen to those. A wonderful place.

keeperscottage

Visit site
Very sad to hear about the closure - local to me and, well, it's just always been there!! When Dawn Dodd-Noble died, I wondered about the future of the shop and have to admit that it'll never be the same without her. Xx

honetpot

Visit site
Oh no!!!!! I bought many a side saddle from there :( Love that shop and digging around in there :(
Its sad to see a proper saddlery shop, one that actually had everything you could ever imagine for a horse. Over the last 20 years I have bought several saddles from there, no other place as so many of so many types, which you take a way and try with no one trying to make you buy something because there was the most profit on it.

asmp

Visit site
Sad to hear. I remember nearly 30 years ago boxing my horse there to find a saddle for him. I moved away not long after and have never been back.