sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Hi guys
smile.gif
just wondered if anyone uses this feed, and if so, your thoughts on it? Thanks
smile.gif

lucym

Visit site
i use it if i need to give mine hard feed, as he is a recurrent ulcer sufferer, so its the only 'hard' feed that i trust. at the moment he is just on chaff, but i have some in the feed bin, for the winter
my vets recommend it for ulcer horses
smile.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Thank you :) i've been looking at it for a while, so just bit the bullet and ordered some. I like that it's high in oil, very low in starch, and relatively high in fibre as I wanted a concentrated source of energy and hoped that there'd be others who use it and were happy with it!
smile.gif

Nari

Visit site
I also found it's one of the few hard feeds I can give Jim (later diagnosed with ulcers). I was happy with it, although I now use Top Spec Cool Condition cubes as it seems to suit him better - he would still get "hot" on ReLeve if I didn't get the work:feed ratio spot on.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
we have used it for recurrent azoturia sufferers in full racing work as well as a couple of horses with possible ulcers. However we have now changed to red mills horse care cubes for these horses and they seem to get on much better with the red mills version...

breezing

Visit site
I have used it for my 16 yr old mare who has suffered with gastric ulcers and found it very good but have now swapped to the Mendip Stud fibre gold working mix as local to me and looks to have more fibre in it .It suits her very well and she has kept more condition on .

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Hmm, interesting that people have started using it, them found more suitable alternatives. I've had to order it specially as my local feed store doesn't stock Saracen feeds as apparently they aren't popular in this area.