Saracen Releve

Meep92

Visit site
Hi I'm looking for some feeding advice for my fussy TB. She's 17 she's quite underweight. She's very fizzy and stressy. She's got cushings and is prone to laminitis. She gets lunged a couple of times a week and goes on the walker daily.

Currently she's on:
Top spec fibre plus cubes
Science supplements linseed conditioner
Dengie alfa a molasses free
Spillers original multi balancer
Ad lib haylege

I'm thinking of trying Saracens Releve which has been recommended anyone tried this feed? With her being fussy I was thinking she might eat this She! She won't touch sugar beet, fibre beet, she looked awful on copra, conditioning cubes work the same as the fibre cubes she's on she just prefers these!

Any advice would be great the diet she's on now was recommended by an independent nutrionist. She hasn't got ulcers she's just fussy and gets bored of her feed easily and rather than eat she'd rather have her head out her stable in case she misses anything!

Meep92

Visit site
Hi I'm looking for some feeding advice for my fussy TB. She's 17 she's quite underweight. She's very fizzy and stressy. She's got cushings and is prone to laminitis.

Currently she's on:
Top spec fibre plus cubes
Science supplements linseed conditioner
Dengie alfa a molasses free
Spillers original multi balancer
Ad lib haylege

I'm thinking of trying Saracens Releve which has been recommended anyone tried this feed? With her being fussy I was thinking she might eat this She! She won't touch sugar beet, fibre beet, she looked awful on copra, conditioning cubes work the same as the fibre cubes she's on she just prefers these!

Any advice would be great the diet she's on now was recommended by an independent nutrionist. She hasn't got ulcers she's just fussy and gets bored of her feed easily and rather than eat she'd rather have her head out her stable in case she misses anything!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Although there have been incidences of choke I feed it thoroughly soaked for a minimum of 8 hours (put it in soak in the morning for evening feed and next day morning feed - the latter because his feed is left outside stable to be put in by first on the yard) in summer they’re out so I just soak over day or the night. Not had problems with my 25yr old and he loves it although I now mix with conditioning cubes and extra linseed plus Equijewel as he’s not keeping on weight that well. To be fair he’s not currently that fussy.

spacefaer

Visit site
I tried releve on one of mine - normally a laid back chap but he became very wired on it after only a couple of days.

My go- to feed for conditioning is Equerry Conditioning mash - I've had loads of horses on it over the last few years and it puts condition on like nothing else. Doesn't fizz them up and even the fussiest eaters find it really palatable. I find the novelty of a new feed doesn't wear off either
It's cost effective too as it's a complete feed - you don't need to add chaffs etc

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It contains alfalfa and my alfalfa sensitive one gets "that look" in his eyes on only 100g a day off Re-leve ?

dixie

Visit site
I wouldn't personally because its got molasses and soya hulls in it. Its also got dried sugar beet pulp and you've said she doesn't eat sugarbeet.
If she were mine I would consider taking her off the Alfa A and put on Hi Fi (as she's fizzy).
For the weight I would suggest trying Equi Jewel, which I have had success with and if that didn't work try Thunderbrooks Condition and Compete.
Copra didn't do much for mine either, although some people swear by it.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I fed it to my EMS pony with no issues (and consequently, his girlfriend had it, too). It was fantastic for disguising medication and I don't remember either of them changing behaviour.

P.forpony

Visit site
It worked well for my very fussy one and the others get a handful if I need to hide nasties in feed.

Another option would be speedy fibre ticks all your boxes and apple flavoured.