Sarah Moulds

Birker2020

Visit site
The issue for me has always been her profession. If she's capable of such a knee jerk reaction to a horse than she's capable of one towards a child if a child irritates her. This is caused a transfer of risk. It is usually assessed by a Position Of Trust Team and someone called a LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer).

If this was brought to their intention they would have risk assessed the circumstances and if they met the threshold would have held a meeting involving the head of the school, the police and any heads of voluntary organisations linked to the person concerned. The LADO chairs the meeting. The person in a position of trust never attends. It's a fact finding meeting where any risk is assessed and a plan of action is agreed upon, whether that is additional training, or loss of job. Usually the school suspends the teacher on full pay until an agreement is reached whether that be in the meeting or sentencing at Court. I used convene the meetings and minute them for a L.A. we used to receive referrals from either children or on behalf of children via NSPCC for example and other agencies, police, members of the public or the person's employer.

An Action Plan within the SLA of 48 hours is issued to the attendees followed by the minutes no more than 5 working days later.

Unless I've missed something the prosecution don't seem to have addressed the risk with her profession other than to sack her which was founded given the circumstances. There was nothing else they could have done.

Unless the risk will be addressed during the trial tomorrow, I expect it will result in her being banned from working with children again or for a considerable period and the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) will record the findings of the Court so that if a prospective employer applies for her DBS which is mandatory, they will see it on there.

There aren't many of us on here that can say they've never tapped or smacked l a horse but there is a huge difference between a tap on the shoulder and what she was alleged to have done. I've never lost my temper in that way.

It was unfortunate for her that she was filmed and even more unfortunate for her that it escalated in the way it did but as anyone that works with knows there are boundaries and they will know that the way they conduct themselves outside work can have a huge bearing on their job. Furthermore, there is a requirement for teachers and other professions to under go safeguarding training - hopefully the school will gave implemented that, so the teacher knows what is expected of them and the conduct they should maintain outside the school environment.

She is paying a heavy price for misjudging a situation. Simple as that. Nothing more to say.

Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
I don't think that her profession was relevant to evidence in the trial itself, though the verdict might have a bearing on her next steps.
My best guess is that this will be given in evidence by the prosecution tomorrow. I would be very surprised if there was no reference made to her employment. Very surprised.

But tbh I am equally surprised that this has made it to Court unless she is being made an example of for some reason.

If the RSPCA or other animal welfare were really concerned about the horse in question they would have removed it from her care. And they didn't, probably due to the fact it didn't meet their threshold.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I dunno, though it does of course play right into the anti's hands.

IMG_4019.jpeg

My best guess is that this will be given in evidence by the prosecution tomorrow. I would be very surprised if there was no reference made to her employment. Very surprised.

Jury is out deliberating, no more evidence to be presented.

Birker2020

Visit site
I dunno, though it does of course play right into the anti's hands.

View attachment 121286

Jury is out deliberating, no more evidence to be presented.
I can't imagine ever punching a horse. If I feel my temper starting to rise I take time away from the horse, I have done this previously.

Walked away and sat down. Did this after a 20 min stint trying to load Bailey, frustrated as hell. Tied her to the trailer and left her, walked away and sat and had a coffee and fag within eye shot of her.

Velcrobum

Visit site

luckyoldme

Visit site
I don't think what she did would have any lasting effect on the horse other than it will be a horse that is owned by someone it doesn't trust.
I found it more disturbing that as a grown woman and as someone who works with young people that she thinks that what she did is a suitable method of discipline.
Having watched the video she just looked like someone not fully in control of herself. I would have had more respect for her if she had said she momentarily lost the plot because of stress or something like that. At least it would show a degree of honesty and regret.

SadKen

Visit site
She’s a truly appalling woman and I wouldn’t allow her within a country mile of any animal or child I had responsibility for. The behaviour looked unhinged. All the horse did was run off and if she acts like that I don’t blame him at all.

She doesn’t think she’s done anything wrong, and legally I don’t think she has either - the prosecution was never going to succeed. The RSPCA would have faced big questions whether the prosecuted or not, and I guess bad publicity is still publicity.

She bleated about context missing rather than acknowledging that she was violently punishing the horse because she lost her temper. The horse wasn’t a threat to her safety and no way was that going to teach it anything except to be headshy. Stupid woman couldn’t control herself.

social media and the court of public opinion have delivered a judgement. She lost her job, and rightly imo as hardly any parents would want to leave a child in her care after watching her inflict violence for her own satisfaction on a being dependent on her for its safety and well-being. Her position was no longer tenable, and that is entirely 100% her own fault. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

I think the acronym the kids are using these days is FAFO.

Birker2020

Visit site
Just so none of you end up in court yourselves at any point in the future , best to familiarise yourself with the law on discussing online and contempt

That also says the following

However, it is acceptable to publish material as part of a discussion of public affairs or as a contemporary report of the day's legal proceedings.
The forum is part of a discussion on public affairs. The papers have been reporting on it too which they can do. None of us have given 'inside information' which may be prosecutable.

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
She’s a truly appalling woman and I wouldn’t allow her within a country mile of any animal or child I had responsibility for. The behaviour looked unhinged. All the horse did was run off and if she acts like that I don’t blame him at all.

She doesn’t think she’s done anything wrong, and legally I don’t think she has either - the prosecution was never going to succeed. The RSPCA would have faced big questions whether the prosecuted or not, and I guess bad publicity is still publicity.

She bleated about context missing rather than acknowledging that she was violently punishing the horse because she lost her temper. The horse wasn’t a threat to her safety and no way was that going to teach it anything except to be headshy. Stupid woman couldn’t control herself.

social media and the court of public opinion have delivered a judgement. She lost her job, and rightly imo as hardly any parents would want to leave a child in her care after watching her inflict violence for her own satisfaction on a being dependent on her for its safety and well-being. Her position was no longer tenable, and that is entirely 100% her own fault. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

I think the acronym the kids are using these days is FAFO.
I agree 100%. Punching and kicking a horse is not discipline its abuse. Would the result been the same if it was a dog? Disgraceful behaviour.