Sarcoid laser treatment

Pentland

New User
Visit site
My horse has a lump inside top of leg opposite sheath. He is to have laser treatment but I am interested to know of anyone who has experience of this as he is 19 and not sure if lump is getting any bigger and worried op will take a long time to heal where it is.

Becc

Visit site
My 19 year old had laser treatment twice for removal of mast cell tumours. The last time it was on his upper inner back leg and he had 2 removed very close together. Yes, the wounds look awful initially as the laser leaves quite a hole but they healed surprisingly quickly and he’s just left with fairly small scars from it. The difficult thing is keeping flies away so better to try and avoid having it done in the summer if possible.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Charlie Horse had one surgically removed in this area. It was benign but had track into a vein, so when removed it was a real bloodbath.

I had to wiggle something into the wound daily to allow the clear lymph out, for weeks. I am talking half a mug, twice a day. Gross!

It healed up without issue.

meleeka

Visit site
Mine had 9 removed. The holes were pretty horrific looking but they healed really quickly and didn’t appear as sore as they looked (horse didn’t mind me picking bits of bedding and cleaning it).