Sarcoid referral fee!!!???are you kidding me ??!!

ihatework

Visit site
I can't believe OP is complaining over a measly £27 for one of the worlds experts in the area to give their opinion. Someone who has trained for many many years.

amage

Visit site
Completely reasonable of him to charge a referral fee and it is a one off fee....he will look at pic of any further growths on that particular horse FOC for the rest of the horses life. I also heard of a case where a previous owner had paid for referral and that referral went with the horse...the new owners didn't have to pay again. You are being over charged in the UK though...the fee here is only €20 which is about £16. either way it's a pittance for his expertise and to the cynics we have three times had sarcoids we were told were not candidates for Liverpool cream so not just a money spinner.

fatpiggy

Visit site
he's a good guy, if only all consultants were as sympathetic and pragmatic. Equine research needs people as energetic and passionate as him.

The funniest thing is that one time when I sent him a regular report of how she was doing, he told me that he was retiring and really looking forward to it. He subsequently did retire - for 6 weeks, then missed it all and went back to work! That is how dedicated he is.

MagicMelon

Visit site
If they didn't tell you then I think just question them over it. They may remove the fee. On the last vet visit to a pony of mine, I found a worm count on my invoice which I had never asked for and was never told about (I get my own worm counts done so I could have told him not to bother!) - I told the vet I wasn't paying for it and they removed it immediately.

chocolategirl

Visit site
I can't believe OP is complaining over a measly £27 for one of the worlds experts in the area to give their opinion. Someone who has trained for many many years.
This has all gone awry as these things often do. It was the fact that this charge was never revealed to me initially that has got my back up even though my vet knew I had had treatment for my other horse a couple of years ago when this charge was not in existence. Why has it been introduced years and years down the line? I have a lot of respect for the professor I know he does a lot of good work but as I already pointed out, the treatment is already very expensive as it is. £27 may be a measly amount to you but to me it's a weeks livery for my horse!!