Sarcoid

myasmummy

Visit site
my new loan pony has a small sarcoid on his left flank, owner said that it has been shrinking and vet says there wont be anymore growing. she said she had been using marmite (?) as treatment and that it has been shrinking since.

should i be worried?

and can he be shown with a sarcoid (inhand or ridden) - not thinking of showing him til next year though but wondered if he'll be marked down because of the sarcoid?
it's only visible because he's had a chase clip, owner said she'd never noticed it until she clipped him

ThePony

Visit site
Interesting treatment! Many vets seem to be of the opinion that if it isn't changing or causing a prob then leave it well alone. I wouldn't go trying any other remedies though, you can make it an awful lot worse, they really are something not to be messed with.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I wouldn't give it a second thought. And just carry on doing all the things with him that you'd planned.

Obviously if it does change, contact the owners so that they can arrange treatment.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My boy had a sarcoid,used Blood root cream 1st time around,which shrunk it down quite a bit,but stayed there so a year later he had the liverpool cream and now its gone and theres no sign it was ever there.
Do not mess with it,nor put any other stuff on it unless its from the vet.

skydancer

Visit site
Be very careful in the Summer as if it is a fibroblastic(?)sarcoid the flies will love it. Never apply anything onto it directly as it will become aggravated. Last year i had to have a sarcoid removed from my horse back leg with Liverpool cream and now it has completely gone. Please leave well alone and do not try any of the products that claim to get rid of them as they cost the earth and in my opinion do nothing at all. Only allow vets to treat sarcoids.x;)