Sarcoids and Newmarket Blood Root Cream?

Custard Cream

Visit site
2 yr old has a sarcoid on his sheath. Vet came and confirmed. No stalk so couldn't band, opted for the cream. I assumed it would be the Liverpool Cream that everyone talks about but it's just arrived in the post and it's Newmarket Blood Root Cream. All the usual, apply wearing gloves etc etc, but is it effective? Why is it not Liverpool Cream?!

Custard Cream

Visit site
LOL - I'm not bothered about the expense, I said that to the vet at the time. I don't want something cheaper if it's not as effective!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Try it, it's usually effective. Also, you are more likely to be able to apply it in that area once it's started working without getting your head caved in, than if you used the Liverpool cream.

DD

Visit site
has the vet prescribed bute? its a painful treatment. I am surprised that it isn't Liverpool cream. I'd be looking at getting a second opinion TBH.

meleeka

Visit site
It has good results and is kinder to the horse than Liverpool cream. That needs a vet to apply and it’s very sore. I’d ask for it first if I was dealing with another.

Custard Cream

Visit site
Vet prescribed it and it arrived in the post today (without any gloves I might add...). Vet did suggest giving Bute as it was painful, I have some so can do that. Seems I should give it a go then!

milliepup

Visit site
I’ve used it many times over the last 10 or so years and always fab results but you do have to apply for quite a while. Saying that just had a raised sarcoid girth area that started to change and kept getting rubbed etc so sprayed everyday for a month with silver spray so it was totally covered day and night and it fell off and healed completely.

cundlegreen

Visit site
I’ve used it many times over the last 10 or so years and always fab results but you do have to apply for quite a while. Saying that just had a raised sarcoid girth area that started to change and kept getting rubbed etc so sprayed everyday for a month with silver spray so it was totally covered day and night and it fell off and healed completely.

Interesting. Did you spray once a day, or several times. My youngster has a sarcoid on his eyebrow which is difficult to spray. Need another hand!

Bojingles

Visit site
After having a mare who had an absolutely savage reaction to Liverpool cream I would definitely try blood root. Also her sarcoids came back after treatment with Liverpool cream. I think the whole area is poorly understood and you'll get as many opinions as people you ask, unfortunately.

dizzyneddy

Visit site
l used it over 10 years ago on our nf pony & it did it’s job perfectly. It isn’t pleasant stuff & it looks worse before it gets better. She never had one grow back and if any of mine ever had a sarcoid l wouldn’t hesitate using it again.

gnubee

Visit site
My vet did Liverpool cream on my mare’s chest but gave us something different for her face as it’s more sensitive. Both appear to have been successful.