Sarcoids - gutted

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
1st treatment today at 3.30pm. I'm feeling a bit nervous as I don't know quite what to expect. I do hope it (Liverpool cream) isn't too painful for her.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have used Liverpool cream loads of times it's never been awful.
I usually get some Danilon to use as if I feel they need it .
Ps I hasten to add I use the Liverpool cream on the horses not myself .

southerncomfort

Visit site
My old girl had the flat type of sarcoids in her armpit area. The vet advised to leave them alone and they never gave her any bother at all, thank goodness.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She's had the first treatment at 75% strength and it all went smoothly. I have some bute so she hopefully won't be too uncomfortable. It's good to know that your experiences with it were OK, GS. :)

Next application - Monday.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Mine was treated for an occult sarcoids on his sheath. Three applications of full strength cream. After the first it was a bit swollen but nothing after the second or third. He barely noticed it. Sarcoids went scabby and peeled off. He now has a tiny scar. It was 5 yrs ago and he's never had any since.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She's now had her fourth treatment and the skin is starting to come away. She is obviously in discomfort, poor lass, but is having painkillers twice a day to help with that. The final treatment is on Monday and then we wait and see as her final check is about five weeks after the treatment with the cream is finished.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Fingers crossed for you both!

My then 4 yr old cob had a rapidly growing spherical sarcoid on her face, just where it could be rubbed by a cavesson noseband. My vet excised it under sedation and local anaesthetic, closed the wound with half a dozen stitches and sent the lump off for testing. It was definitely a sarcoid. Two yrs on there is no sign of recurrence, thank goodness. I do check it frequently though, probably far more often than necessary!

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Thanks. :) I have checked and they do keep the cream. Phew!

Mine had bute at first but then stopped as she seemed ok, the second course no bute needed, my vet kept the liverpool cream too and used it on the second session.

Don't worry Fara they can hit it again as my mare had 2 courses and then a new one started near her boobies but that fell off as the vet put the band around. The face 9one is the one they were worried about on my mare as it was a shallow one sporeading across her face like a rash.

I will take a new picture of that so you can see it does work and upload later

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Well she had a check up this morning and one armpit is looking a little rougher than the vet would like. She needs another check in 4 - 6 weeks and then it will be decided if she needs another course of the cream or not.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I know lots of people might roll their eyes since some seem to anti it. But when one of my horses sarcoids started to get irritated by flies one summer, it turned a bit yucky so I began feeding golden paste (turmeric, black pepper, coconut oil) and I mixed sudocrem with turmeric which I put on thickly. It helped with keeping the flies from annoying it for a start, but I was amazed how quickly it began healing up and then shrunk to nothing! That was 2 years ago and still the area there is smooth with only a very small area of black skin showing. Im sure it doesnt always work, and of course the vet is the number 1 option here especially if they're serious ones but just giving my experience from treating this one.