SARCOIDS ON INNER THIGH

DEVINE1EQUINE

New User
Visit site
HAS ANYONE EVER HAD SARCOIDS ON THIER HORSES INNER THIGHS?

LAST SUMMER MY ID X TB MARE HAD TREATMENT ON BOTH INNER THIGHS & ONE IN FRONT OF HER TEATS ON HER STOMACH. THE SARCOIDS STARTED AS GREY SCALEY PATCHES ON HER LEGS & THE ONE ON HER STOMACH GREW INTO A SMALL PEA. BUT OVER THE WINTER OF 2006 HAD A GROWTH SPURT & BECAME VERY NODULAR, THE ONE ON HER STOMACH GREW DOWNWARDS LIKE A LITTLE FINGER & EVENTUALLY DROPPED OF PROBABLY WHEN SHE LAY DOWN & CAUGHT IT.

THESE WERE TREATED WITH THE LIVERPOOL CREAM WHICH WAS A VERY MESSY & PAINFUL PROCESS AS THE CREAM BURNED RIGHT UP INTO HER BACK LEGS EVEN WHEN WE TRIED TO PROTECT HER WITH VASALINE & KEEPING HER ON BOX REST FOR 6 MONTHS. THE CREAM REMOVED THE SARCOIDS LEAVING PINK HAIRLESS SKIN & A SCAR.

THIS WEEK I CHECKED THE TREATED AREAS AS I DO WEEKLY BEING THE PARANOID OWNER I AM NOW & HAVE NOTICED A LUMP UNDER THE SCAR TISSUE WHICH I CAN GRAB WITH MY FINGERS & THE SARCOID ON HER STOMACH HAS STARTED TO GROW A PEA SIZE LUMP AGAIN...NEEDLESS TO SAY I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO PUT MY HORSE THROUGH THIS EXPENSIVE TREATMENT AGAIN & MY VET SAID UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AM I TO USE CAMROSA OR SARCEAZE.

I'VE HEARD OF THUJA CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS & HOW ITS USED? & HAS ANY HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS ME? HAS ANYONE USED THUJA ON INNER THIGH SARCOIDS WITH SUCCESS?
confused.gif

fredthoroughbred

Visit site
Hi there,

I used Thuja cream on Freds sarcoids. The biggest one is what I think they call a "fibroblastic" sarcoid which is marshmallow shaped and bleeds and pusses a bit. I used echinacea tablets to boost his immune system and thuja cream to apply directly onto it and initially it did shrink and clear up but after six months of application and no real change I have given up and i'm going to get the vet to band it.
The others are pea size and are located between his back legs and on the inside of his front leg. The vet has advised me to leave these ones well alone.
I think sarcoids are soooooooooooo annoying because its never 100% that they will ever clear up but you have got to give it a try
smile.gif

robcl

Visit site
My horse has them and we used the thuja fist but nothing happend,
Then we had them ringed and injected and they blew out but then got infected and went really nasty.
But we do have him on hilton herbs mix whcih is really good and seems to slow the process of development of the sarcoid.

herbert

Visit site
My Grey Welsh mare had quite a bad sarcoid quite near her eye. I was debating as to which treament would be best, (have very little faith in vets with pound signs glowing in their eyes) when it disappeared completely. This was over a year ago and there is no sign of anything reappearing.

madmuppet

Visit site
My horse had a sacroid on her eyelid and one on her inner thigh.. I tried the hilton herbs for almost a year and then i tried the camrosa... I thought the camrosa helped the one on the eyelid but the one on the inner thigh was just a mess.. in the summer i had to try and keep her in as the flys just loved it.. in the end she was admitted to the vet school and they took it off.. They removed a lot of the area around the sarcoid too and there was a fair amount of stiches... It healed up really well but after that i sold the horse so i dont know how or if they came back....

huskimo12

Visit site
can i ask why the vet said not to use camarosa?

I havent had any personal experience with it but i know people that have and who swear by it are they doing something wrong? dangerous?
confused.gif