Sarcoids, warts or scars that I’ve just never noticed?

alexomahony

Visit site
Today I found these funny little things on my gelding’s sheath - I can’t say I’ve never noticed them before and I’m sure I would have if they were there but I’m doubting myself a little.

Are these the scars for the entry point of gelding or do you think sarcoids or similar?

I’ve taken a photo today and will be keeping a very close eye now I know they’re there! They don’t bother him and I don’t think they look like fly bites.

All thoughts welcome!

EB1CED84-7A5A-4C44-95E0-F708C7A78A84.jpeg

Visit site
Sorry, I would say definitely sarcoids. Definitely keep an eye on the flies with them. I’d definitely get the vet to check them out.

If it is any consolation (as it can be such a worry - I was a bit panicky when I found some -I have a mini x who has had quite a few sarcoids on his sheath for over 13yrs, vet said to just monitor them but they have never changed in all that time and don’t cause him any issues (the flies do seem to be more interested in his bits though, so I just make sure he has fly protection on).

alexomahony

Visit site
Thanks both - the flies do both his sheath which is how I found them was was checking for scabs! Vet is out in the next couple of weeks for jabs so will get them checked then.
Xx