Sarcoids - where to buy Thuja cream??

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Unfortunately, one of the little grey ones around and up in Bailey's near hind appears to have had the top kicked off [suspecting a fly and Bailey caught himself instead].

It doesn't look anything like the aggressive one which we ended up have to Liverpool cream on his ear [thankfully] and as it is small, I would like to give Thuja a go before seeing if anything vet related is needed. I've spoken to my vet today and she is happy for me to try it [knows us well!] and it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference from an insurance point of view as we are excluded on that.

We are photographing it weekly from this point on and forwarding to vet to see what happens and if at any point nothing is happening, she'll let us know what needs to happen.

Thank you :)

Natz88

Visit site
Not sure if you have tried it, but one of mine had a small sarcoid in the girth area & we got a vet who suggested before doing treatment through them which can be costly to try using Sarc Ex through the summer unless it gets bigger or anything. It says on the tub 2-6 months worth (I think) he has 1 tub & it has pretty much gone. Me & my mum just can't believe it. Sadly I never got before & after pics. So maybe that could be worth trying?

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Nope not me lol!

Friend recommended it and instead of buying it from wherever came up on t'internet, thought would be better to get the recommendation from here :D

Thank you, will look into Unicorn Saddlery. I hope it works. I couldn't help but break down a bit when I saw it. Guess I am lucky for the time being that it isn't in a more intrusive position.

I know some places recommend feeding the tablets as well as administering the cream - is it worth doing both??

He is currently on ProPell Plus at the moment as a general wellbeing supplement so don't want to OD him on anything.

I'm in Bucks

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Not sure if you have tried it, but one of mine had a small sarcoid in the girth area & we got a vet who suggested before doing treatment through them which can be costly to try using Sarc Ex through the summer unless it gets bigger or anything. It says on the tub 2-6 months worth (I think) he has 1 tub & it has pretty much gone. Me & my mum just can't believe it. Sadly I never got before & after pics. So maybe that could be worth trying?

I used the Sarc-Ex supplement before and it didn't do a thing. Saying that, the sarcoid that was on was aggressive so that may have been why.

ImmyS

Visit site
Hey I bought my thuja cream from the viovet website, was 8.99 including next day delivery, still got over half the tub and has lasted a couple of months so far, working really nicely as well so would recommend! :)

Last edited:

c7mlm

Visit site
Hi my mare had a small warty thing on her chin i bought some thuja cream from ebay and it changed colour and fell off after a week and never came back was brilliant. it was about 18months ago and never came back

ImmyS

Visit site
Well unless you count delaying the best treatment for a potentially life threatening condition as "harm".

A little over dramatic I think, yes sarcoids can be life threatening if very severe and yes homeopathy isn't always the way to go but if it is only a mild case why go straight in with invasive treatment? Other ointments such as blood root are irritants and aren't comfortable for horse and Liverpool cream even more so. If thuja works which in my experience often does then surely you are curing the horse in a pain free, easy way? I know what treatment I would choose first.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Well unless you count delaying the best treatment for a potentially life threatening condition as "harm".

Well I am not delaying it thank you very much.

I have spoken to my vet who treated Bailey for a different type of sarcoid last year and she is happy for me to try this route. We are taking pictures every couple of days [instead of weekly as first stated] to see what the changes are and they are being sent to her. If she has any concerns about it we will be changing tack and going for a different treatment.

Shame you can't add anything constructive to the question which was originally asked, but no matter.

Last edited:

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
A little over dramatic I think, yes sarcoids can be life threatening if very severe and yes homeopathy isn't always the way to go but if it is only a mild case why go straight in with invasive treatment? Other ointments such as blood root are irritants and aren't comfortable for horse and Liverpool cream even more so. If thuja works which in my experience often does then surely you are curing the horse in a pain free, easy way? I know what treatment I would choose first.

I agree,

I have used Liverpool cream before and was happy with it, but it was the least invasive treatment we could use first due to the type of sarcoid and the location [right at the base of his ear]. Vets said it was a rarer one and his case is being used as a case study.

I immediately went down the Liverpool cream route on that one because it wasn't a standard sarcoid, and if it were the same with this one then I would do exactly that. But as Thuja is an option, my vet and I are happy to try it. She has known Bailey and I for 4 years and we have a good relationship so if she says to me that something isn't working, we adapt or change what we're doing :)

ImmyS

Visit site
I agree,

I have used Liverpool cream before and was happy with it, but it was the least invasive treatment we could use first due to the type of sarcoid and the location [right at the base of his ear]. Vets said it was a rarer one and his case is being used as a case study.

I immediately went down the Liverpool cream route on that one because it wasn't a standard sarcoid, and if it were the same with this one then I would do exactly that. But as Thuja is an option, my vet and I are happy to try it. She has known Bailey and I for 4 years and we have a good relationship so if she says to me that something isn't working, we adapt or change what we're doing :)

Totally agree and you're doing the right thing! You have to treat every case differently, as you said for the ear, Liverpool was the only realistic option whereas in this case thuja may be successful. I think thuja is always worth a try, it doesn't do any harm, my mare had a sarcoid the size of a grape on her belly, I've just been using the cream and it's now under half its original size and still shrinking!

Good luck and I hope thuja works for you! :)