sarcoids

klb

Visit site
hi has anyone had a horse that have had one or two small sarcoids that have stayed the same for years and years, in this case 4.5 years, and then suddenly changed for the worse or developed more.

Thank you

LMSmith

Visit site
Iv just got a horse with sarcoids, they developed over a 12 month period before they fell of. (He is on sarcex supplement and we used an odd old wifes tail to help them drop off).

Sarcoids can be unpredictable and start to grow even after staying small for years. Have you or are you treating them with anything?

klb

Visit site
Hi lmsmith, im in a bit of a dilemma. We have been looking for our first horse purchase after loaning for years. We have been looking since February but my daughter (17yrs) have not felt they have been right for her, we found a house a fair way away so spent the weekend there trying her out for 2 days, my daughter clicked with her. now the but, the horse had a vetting on the 22nd June this year and there were two areas that the vet picked up on as potential sarcoids, both on the inside of her back leg, at the moment they are quite small and have been there for 4.5 years. I got photos and sent them of to the university and they come back as pretty certain to being sarcoids. Im in a situation as to what to do for the best, walk away or take my chances. The current owner has never treated them as they didn't bother her or the horse and haven't changed so her thoughts were to leave well alone. Ive spoken to my vet who sent the photos off for me and he said if i did buy her to have them lasered of