saying goodbye 2morrow

ew1801

Visit site
ive tried everything box rest, bedding upto her ears, bute, danilon, sedalin, frog supports, heart bars you name it ive tried it. shes been stuck in since new years eve, her feathers and mane or starting to fall out which i can only think is due to stress. and unfortunatly it is the cushings that is driving the lami and the cushings will only get worse.
shes been through enough i have given her all i can physically, mentally and financially.

having her put to sleep is the last thing i want to do, if it was up to me she would out live me but cant stand seeing her hobbling around anymore
she has always been such a stubborn, stroppy mule but shes losing that spark.
she gave me a nuzzle today and rested her head on my shoulder for ages, so im takin this as her sign

Bobby Boy

Visit site
Best of luck for tomorrow, it sounds like you have done everything and a little bit more to keep her going:(

We lost one of our old school ponies today in a field accident, it's been a long and upsetting day, so thinking of you for tomorrow x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
:(:(:(:( so sorry to hear that what a sweet face she has. My mare has been diagnose with lami last week and is on box rest and special shoes. We all have to make this horrid decision some time , its never easier their pain is over ours has just begun :(

RIP Jess sleep well.xxx

Fransurrey

Visit site
Only just seen this, but hope it all went smoothly. So sorry that you've lost two beautiful horses in such a short space of time. :(

xxx

Snoozinsusan

Visit site
Sorry to hear this but you have made the right decision. I have tears now as l had to make that decision recently, despite some posts saying l was wrong.
I see one of my old ponies (only 11) every day.he is suffering with lami

Snoozinsusan

Visit site
Re the pony in my post above, the owner hasn't even had the vet out and this episode has been since December. I only wish she was as brave as you and would make the best decision for him.
Hope it went as well as it could for your horse who was lucky to have you as his caring owner.
RIP