Saying Goodbye

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Just wanted to say thank you everyone for such kind words. Going to be a long night. I've eaten a whole blooming toblerone!!!! Ive also had a little ginger supposed-to-be-feral-but-gave-that-up-as-a-bad-job kitten attached like a limpet to me all night. Currently curled up in my armpit. I swear he knows and is loving me better.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I am new to the forum so I don't know you, nevertheless I am so sorry to read of your heartbreak, George is so lucky to have you looking out for him, I've just lost my ancient Labrador, Spot, and her loss has hit me even harder than I anticipated. I have also found that Toblerone is a friend at times like these🙂 I'll be thinking of you both today and in the coming weeks and months.

pippixox

Visit site
It will be so hard but he won’t be in pain anymore and he was so lucky to have fun being your partner and then a long retirement. Sorry for your loss

FNC

Visit site
Thinking of you today. I had to let my old mare go recently, she’d been with me 19 years. It was very peaceful though and once she’d gone it was a relief in a way to not have to worry about her anymore.

I hope you’re ok

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Just wanted to say thank you all. Friday was very tough, but it was peaceful and my vet was great, though I sobbed and snotted everywhere. But the overwhelming emotion now is a strange mix of gratitude and relief that he is safe - he will never deteriorate further, he will never colic and I will never have to look at my old friend and wish I had helped him sooner. God I miss him. But he's safe, and with his girlfriend Annie who left us a couple of years ago.
All your kind words meant so much. Thank you.