Scabby Knees!

HappyDayz

Visit site
Hi all,

We have just bought a lovely cob x to join our ever growing herd of horses!! He has some substantial scabs behind his knees, I know a lot of cobs get them and was wondering the best way to soften and get rid of them? Have seen Stinky Stuff of facebook? Any suggestions welcome :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have been using udder cream, this summer and that has worked better than any of the lotions and potions I have used over the years, whether vet prescribed or OTC. You do need to make sure it is applied daily, miss a day and the scabs star again. I have just ordered some Vitamin E for her, though, in the hope of solving the problem from within

Shay

Visit site
Another one for udder cream. Work a great gloop in, leave for 12 - 14 hours then try to loosen the scabs as much as you can. And keep repeating. When the scabs build up they can cut the skin beneath and make them very sore. You can get a pink udder cream with a small amount of hibi scrub in it is you need the disinfectant element - but it dries looking like blood!

Visit site
Tried sudocrem, silver cream, mud fever stuff, leaving them, taking them off, clipping legs, leaving legs on....my boy had them for 8 months all red and sore and weepy :/ in the end I tried my friends stinky stuff and they were healed in 3 days and have never come back, will be interested to see if they come back this winter. I never believed the hype around stinky stuff but I guess it just works on some horses.