Scabby legs - lots of tiny scabs all over

flyingfeet

Visit site
I posted earlier as I thought one of my horses has sunburn on his legs.

Now another horse has really scabby legs on all 4, lots of tiny raised bumps which you can pick at to reveal a scab.

We do have lots of midges that if I stood in the field I would end up with scabby bitten ankles.

Just wondering if anything has had anything similar and the best treatment route?

I'm thinking deosect, but I also need something to soothe the skin.

This has has black legs and also has a patch of this scabbyness on her head now.

Just to add these are both TB's with no feather

Have vet coming out to view at some point

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I own a randomly scabby pony (can be fly or heat bump or sweat triggered depending on the time of year ;) ) He gets small areas of yellow crusting/raised bumps which get worse if left and it is my opinion that 1) the skin gets compromised, 2) he then develops a low grade bacterial infection in that area (it will get worse if left). I'm a big fan of sudocreme with added sulphur powder for him, if you hit them with it on day one it's sorted ;) and if any later it still resolves after a couple of days. I got him skin scrapped a good few years ago but nothing of note.

GrumpyHero

Visit site
Mine had some scabby type 'things' on his hind legs a few weeks back, I could peel them off and it'd take the hair with it. I bought some cradle cap shampoo and washed his legs with it for a few days and it seemed to clear up!

I think i guessed at it being equine cannon keratosis? Similar to cradle cap that babies get :--)