Schockemohle Bridle Sizing

Abi90

Visit site
They are an odd size. Mine is on the last holes on the cheek pieces but I need to add extra holes on the nose band! Or my horse has a funny head. I have found as the leather has got more supple and stretched the fit is really nice and I did buy another when he broke it, I think they are a nice bridle for the price though

Leo Walker

Visit site
well now I dont know what to do :lol: Hope Valley has them in for £65 which is a huge reduction for what seem like good quality bridles. Mines a cob size usually, but sometimes nose bands are a bit tight. I might give up the bridle buying thing as a bad idea :lol:

blood_magik

Visit site
They're nice bridles, although I've found that the cheek pieces come up a little small compared to other makes.

B's XF-size Kieffer bridle had to have the cheek pieces swapped from XF to F, whereas neither of the schockemohle bridles needed adjusting.

Also, the nose bands are completely different sizes (both XF) but that might be down to one being a crank and one being a plain cavesson?

Abi90

Visit site
Buy from old mill not hope valley. I had to cancel an order from hope valley as 3 weeks after I ordered the bridle, despite it apparently being in stock, it still hadn't been dispatched. I ordered it from Old Mill saddlery (for cheaper) and it arrived 2 days later.

ETA - was probably just a bad experience and a one off but I won't be ordering from them again as they weren't bothered about it at all it seemed!

palterwell

Visit site
I bought Warmblood size for my Traditional Cob and it was a really good fit. Unfortunately he's still growing so I've had to invest in an extra full Browband last week !

Visit site
I've got a full and when I first got it the crank noseband was too small and i thought I was going to need an extra full but the leather has softened and now it fits fine. The cheekpieces are strange sizing, I've got the cheekpieces from my cob size bridle on it as the full cheekpieces were way too long. Browband was really nice. I got the schockemohle reins with it as well which snapped at the bit after a week, the rest of the leather has been very good quality though.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Buy from old mill not hope valley. I had to cancel an order from hope valley as 3 weeks after I ordered the bridle, despite it apparently being in stock, it still hadn't been dispatched. I ordered it from Old Mill saddlery (for cheaper) and it arrived 2 days later.

ETA - was probably just a bad experience and a one off but I won't be ordering from them again as they weren't bothered about it at all it seemed!

Hope Valley are a pain to use and I've had similar from them, but they get end of line stuff and sell it much cheaper than I can find it anywhere else

ponies4ever

Visit site
I got a schockemhole rolled brow band from hope valley as it was only a tenner and it arrived two days later. its cob size and came up a little large but not ridiculously so

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'd decided against it, but I'm dithering again now. I can always send it back if it doesnt fit. The horse is lame, on box rest and might never come right anyway so it might always just hang in my spare room looking pretty!