Schooling for first time in 2 months, post shoe off

dressagelove

Visit site
Titch has been barefoot now for 2 months, he has had little to no problems, no lameness or anything, but as he has an exceptionally weak caudal area, schooling is being kept to basic walk, trot and canter in nice big circles.

He had a few problems with his back, and saddle no longer fitting, so we have had physio out, and a trip to get a shiny new saddle, which means I can crack on building him up again now :) My lovely friend took some pics of him today, so I can see how my position is coming in my new Amerigo Vega, its hard on my hips, but hoping it will pay off eventually in the dressage arena!

Any CC welcome, comments or questions :) baring in mind this is the first time schooling properly in 2 months :) Thanks for looking.

DSC_0320.jpg
DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0376-1.jpg

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Lovely looking horse. Are you schooling in boots there? If so are they Cavallo? They look like it to me but I can't see very well! If so you have put to bed my worries about clumpyness they look really rather streamlined!

dressagelove

Visit site
Lovely looking horse. Are you schooling in boots there? If so are they Cavallo? They look like it to me but I can't see very well! If so you have put to bed my worries about clumpyness they look really rather streamlined!

Yep, Cavello Simples in front, and Cavello Sports behind, as he has quite narrow hinds. I still think they look quite clumpy, but glad you don't :D ;)

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Funny thing, perception isn't it. I have to admit I was concerned about boots because I thought they'd not only BE clumpy but look really out of place too - but I don't think yours do.

He's a really lovely horse, nice to see someone doing something in them. Often I think they are just linked to being a hacker and you don't get to see them much in other spheres.

dressagelove

Visit site
Glad he is doing well.

How's Archie?

Hmm yeah, he's okay, still on and off unlevel / lame this week, seems to get better then it comes back again. Still uncomfortable going down hills and on uneven ground. Im just at a loss with what to do next with him, so just trundling about hacking atm, which he loves. May just have to resign him to a happy hacker .... Any ideas?

Oberon

Visit site

Hmm yeah, he's okay, still on and off unlevel / lame this week, seems to get better then it comes back again. Still uncomfortable going down hills and on uneven ground. Im just at a loss with what to do next with him, so just trundling about hacking atm, which he loves. May just have to resign him to a happy hacker .... Any ideas?

Hmm. Probably needs a decent lameness work up.

There was a barefoot friendly vet in Cheshire (I think) if you are worried about your vet refusing to look past the hooves (which I'm assuming Ross was happy with?).

dressagelove

Visit site
Hmm. Probably needs a decent lameness work up.

There was a barefoot friendly vet in Cheshire (I think) if you are worried about your vet refusing to look past the hooves (which I'm assuming Ross was happy with?).

He seemed very happy with them yes :) Can you pm their details?x