Science Supplements Flexibility worth the money?

spacie1977

Visit site
My 7 yr old has arthritic changes in his hocks so in addition to turmeric, I've been giving him Equine America Glucosamine 10,000 plus MSM. I haven't really noticed a difference in him so I'm wondering whether I should try Science Supplements Flexibility. The vet said that was the only supplement she knows of that's been properly tested and clinically proven to work on joints. But it's so unbelievably expensive. Has anyone tried and compared this to other joint supplements and found it's really worth the extra money?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'd want to know more about their data rather than the 6 or 7 out of 10 they state.

The BEVA congress thing appears to be here http://www.beva.org.uk/_uploads/documents/congress-times-scientific-programme-5aug.pdf

and the only thing that Rachel Murray presented was is titled the causes bone pain not specifically the use of any supplement. I would have to ask them for more info before spending money on it as am still scientifically sceptical.

Willow1

Visit site
I too have a mare with arthritic hocks, and previously used Naf Supaflex. I was recommended to try Flexibility and have been really pleased with the results, despite the price! I compete in Endurance, and therefore my mare is subject to 2 vettings per competition, and we have had no negative comments this year with regards to her action, and my mare clearly feels extremely good on it. I can only speak as I find!

Joandripple

Visit site
My boy has bilateral bone spavins in hocks and he is on Cartrophen every 3 months. But I have decided to add Feedmark Performance - Precision & Focus because other than stuff I use at the moment in it, it incorporates a joint suppliment. They are also doing 20kg for the price of 10 at the moment.