Scoot Boots, are they any good

HannahKate98

Visit site
Okay, my newest TB exRacer has well typical racer hooves flat and weak.

We do a lot of hacking and road work so protection for his hooves is a must.

We live in the middle of nowhere and farriers take forever to get out in the event of loosing a shoe etc. As it's so far for them to drive to get to us, also with the condition of his hooves I highly doubt he would be able to hold shoes for any period of time.

A friend has suggested scoot boots as they can be removed, are open to allow debris out etc.

If anyone has experience with them I'd love to know what you think.

Sheik

Visit site
Okay, my newest TB exRacer has well typical racer hooves flat and weak.

We live in the middle of nowhere and farriers take forever to get out in the event of loosing a shoe etc. As it's so far for them to drive to get to us, also with the condition of his hooves I highly doubt he would be able to hold shoes for any period of time.

A friend has suggested scoot boots as they can be removed, are open to allow debris out etc.

If anyone has experience with them I'd love to know what you think.

Fantastic hoof boots and they do stay on threw the most treacherous terrain I absolutely love them and well recommend them
I use them on my boys hind feet and use the new easy boot bare in front
They have hellish grip aswell , really easy to take on and off
If you go to hoof boutique that's where I got mine from amd Liz is fab.

dixie

Visit site
You can get 3 skeleton ones to try for fit for a minimal sum.
I did this and although I haven't bought them yet I liked them and will do when his Cavallos need replacing.

wild at hoof

Visit site
Scoots are good. A few of my clients use them. However! Hoof boots like those that require a tight fit need to have a heathy foot to keep them stable. If your horse has underrun or high heels, a long toe or any flare they will not fit well and likely to twist or even come off. If he has healthy hooves that are trimmed regularly definitely a good shout.

If your horse has any of the pathologies previously mentioned you are better for. With a different style of boot such as an old Mac or cavallo as their stability comes from attaching above the coronary band. Also this style of boot allows you to fit pads which can be really useful for helping sole thickness or contracted heels.

Another thing to note is that if he does have pathologies his feet my change size and shape so maybe worth getting a second hand pair first.

I started with old Mac g2s with an inch thick transition pad ... I now ride in renegades but considering scoots :) hope that helps a little

wild at hoof

Visit site
Scoots are good. A few of my clients use them. However! Hoof boots like those that require a tight fit need to have a heathy foot to keep them stable. If your horse has underrun or high heels, a long toe or any flare they will not fit well and likely to twist or even come off. If he has healthy hooves that are trimmed regularly definitely a good shout.

If your horse has any of the pathologies previously mentioned you are better for. With a different style of boot such as an old Mac or cavallo as their stability comes from attaching above the coronary band. Also this style of boot allows you to fit pads which can be really useful for helping sole thickness or contracted heels.

Another thing to note is that if he does have pathologies his feet my change size and shape so maybe worth getting a second hand pair first.

I started with old Mac g2s with an inch thick transition pad ... I now ride in renegades but considering scoots :) hope that helps a little

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
As well as boots, look at your regime to improve the feet. There is no such thing as a typical rubbish TB foot - just a regime that doesn't allow them to become healthy, functional feet. What do you feed, for instance?

PoppyAnderson

Visit site

Hooves do not need protection. Hooves are designed to carry a horse over miles of terrain, most of it far less forgiving than tarmac. In fact, unshod feet NEED lots of exercise to function at their best. The 3 stools of good feet are nutrition, exercise and trimming. Do not be one of the many, many people who fall into the trap of believing that hooves need shoes or boots to function, when the total opposite is true.