Scottish competitive riders

annar535

Visit site
My name is Anna Renouf, and my company Orrin Equestrian Products have design a new innovative competition saddle. I was wondering if you could spare a few moments to read a bit more about it.

Orrin Equestrian Products is a company based in the Highlands of Scotland. We have designed a composite based horse saddle. The tree has been designed to offer improvements in comfort, stability and performance to both horse and rider. The unique design will allow the movement of the rider to be absorbed, and distribute pressure more evenly across the horse’s back. The widely spaced panels, which will be cut away at shoulder, will allow greater freedom of movement of the shoulder, wither, and back area. The tree will be constructed from the most advanced form of composite manufacturing. This method allows for flex and strength to be built into specific areas of the design.

Orrin Equestrian Products is owned by Anna Renouf. I have owned and competed horses since I was a child, and came up with the design after seeing the effects poor saddle design can have on horses. I am a qualified leatherworker and I am also currently studying for a BSc Hons in Environmental Science. Coming from a scientific background, in an academic sense, my saddle development has been thoroughly researched, and will be independently tested to validate my design.

My saddle design has won several awards, due to the benefits it will bring to horse welfare and the improvements in performance to both horse and rider. In late 2015, I entered the Create business competition, where I won both the ‘Best Technology and Engineering award’ and the ‘Most Innovative Award’. I then entered the Scot EDGE competition where I won the young EDGE award and received £10,000 of funding. In 2016, I was awarded first place in Scottish Institute for Enterprise, Fresh Ideas competition. I then entered into the Converge Challenge competition, where I was one of the top 30 finalists, and won their Ready Steady Pitch competition and was awarded the Entrepreneurial Spirit Award, at their recent ceremony.

In order to take the product further, I need to secure more funding. I have contacted a funding body based in Scotland, and sent in a formal application. If approved, I would be able to complete the full saddle development project, and get my design market ready within 12 months. In order to secure the funding, I need to show some feedback from recognised personnel within the equestrian world. I am looking for competitive riders who would be willing to spare some time to discuss my design further. If anyone would be interested, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you very much for your time,

Kind Regards,

Anna Renouf

rifruffian

Visit site
Is this going to be a saddle which is made entirely of synthetic materials ?

Is the design profile derived from, basically, english traditional, or western, or Australian, or Iberian, or whatever ?

What will be the price bracket/range be when it come to market ?

Last edited:

annar535

Visit site
Hello,
The saddle tree will be made of composite materials, and it will be covered in leather. It will not be a synthetic saddle.
It's design profile will a competition English saddle. We will be starting with a dressage and a jumping range.
The saddles will be marketed in the medium price bracket. A final price is still to be confirmed. Thank you

Equi

Visit site
You say the word composite a lot..but what IS that?

The only thing i pick out is that you say the panels are wide. From my pov, wide panels on a narrow horse tear the muscles along the spine because they create too much pull on them...so what type of horse is your saddle actually aimed at?

n.b; not scottish but i have an interest in saddles and fitting.

Last edited: