Scottish Ex-Racehorse Performance Awards

Visit site
For 2014 (and hopefully onwards) I am looking to create a performance awards for retired racehorses im Scotland. There willbe various sections to cover all disciplines and you gain points for places throughout the year.

What I need is input from as many people who have racers as possible as to what they want. Also the word will need spread! Once I have a concrete plan I will set about trying to get some fab sponsors on board and try to get some fab prizes. My aim is to make this either free or very lowcost to enter.

Now it's over to you - what do you want to see included?!

TPO

Visit site
This already happens with ex racers club and Scottish &northern ERC ( although no idea if they are still going). Ror have started doing more in Scotland too.

You'd probably be best getting involved with ex racers club ( they need a Scottish rep just now anyway) and working from there. They already have members, classes and championship at Blair.

Good luck

Visit site
Your misunderstanding me, sorry if I didn't make it very clear. I am not wanting to set up new shows or classes I am setting up a scheme where you gain points for every class/placing you receive. It wont matter what you compete in or where or at what level you compete at you just need to get out and about, gain points, send your points cards back to me so I can tally all the points up and the people with the most points will defos get some lovely rosettes and hopefully some prizes too.

Basic sections would be: showing, jumping, eventing, dressage and other.

Racergirl

Visit site
I think its a great idea El - we do have something similar running in ERC - but weve only split into two sections - competition and leisure. No idea how many people are doing it, cos weve done it to close in October ( I think) and thats when everyone sends in their cards for the maths to be done, but hopefully it will be popular.

Really good luck getting yours off the ground - I love the concept of things like this :)

Visit site
I think its a great idea El - we do have something similar running in ERC - but weve only split into two sections - competition and leisure. No idea how many people are doing it, cos weve done it to close in October ( I think) and thats when everyone sends in their cards for the maths to be done, but hopefully it will be popular.

Really good luck getting yours off the ground - I love the concept of things like this :)

Im a member of the Ex-racers Club, have competed in their classes and didn't have the first idea they were running such a thing! I go ontheir forum once a week or so and have never seen a mention of it.

Racergirl

Visit site
I know - as I was typing it I was thinking to myself " Im sure this is xyz from the forum and Im pretty sure she hasnt left !!" (tho Im barely on there these days, so I wouldnt know whats going on very much!!) Im not sure where the thing has been put on ERC tho - I know at the re-launch it was on the facebook page and on the forum, but because its something that is ongoing I think its just been plonked in the competition section and thats it maybe.

There we go - its in the "latest/important news" bit (which I never go in!!) and also pinned in the competition section (ditto - I barely ever go in there either!!) http://z3.invisionfree.com/Horsedirectory_Forum/index.php?showtopic=40463

Still doesnt do as much as you are looking to do though - I think yours sounds great!

pipwat

Visit site
If Im reading it right the swpca did an in hand and ridden points scheme.you were awarded a set number of points for 1st to 6th these could double if bd chamos etc. You were sent a book and you recorded date venue and your place along the number of points and got it signed by show secretary. Everyone sent books back I think by end sept and winners got a trophy . I dont know if this would help and cld be run for exracehorses

Visit site
Pipwat - that's the lines I am thinking along. Im generally putting feelers out to see who would be game for doing such a thing and what sort of "classes" people want included.

khalswitz

Visit site
For 2014 (and hopefully onwards) I am looking to create a performance awards for retired racehorses im Scotland. There willbe various sections to cover all disciplines and you gain points for places throughout the year.

What I need is input from as many people who have racers as possible as to what they want. Also the word will need spread! Once I have a concrete plan I will set about trying to get some fab sponsors on board and try to get some fab prizes. My aim is to make this either free or very lowcost to enter.

Now it's over to you - what do you want to see included?!

Great idea - I would be keen!! My one idea would be please don't do what ROR does and only include UK racers - my Irish lad would love to do ROR but can't because he only raced in Ireland. I'd love to do more ex racer stuff but can't!

Visit site
So long as the horse raced somewhere in the world - rules or point to pouiints - and I have hard evidence of them racing then they are more than welcome to join in! I'm trying to make it as accessable as possible to everyone and all thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated!

I have created a Facebook page for people to put their thoughts on, ask questions etc. And a webpage will be created shortly when everything is finalised.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/profile.php?id=496723683737137&__user=846859720

Last edited: