Scottish folks doing BD Regionals Question

ossy

Visit site
So the Scottish regionals are in Aberdeen this year. I'm based in the Glasgow area and I'm just wanting to gauge whether people down this end are travelling to Aberdeen or whether travelling somewhere South of the border is easier?

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Well I live right on the Border almost. I qualified for regionals last summer but did not go as I was doing Eventing Scottish Champs that day. So this year I made sure I qualified again and was determined to go as a priority!! Only to find the Scottish one was north of Aberdeen (250 miles for me). I had wanted to go to the Scottish one as I thought it may be quieter and a bit less intimidating and more friendly as I have never done a dressage regional before.
So we are now going to Somerford for me which is 100 miles nearer and about 3 hours closer. Next nearest would have been Frys which is 170 miles but a bit of a painful journey compared to Somerford - though the think I liked about Frys was there was a warm up class which there isn't at Somerford.
What do you think you will do?

khalswitz

Visit site
I'm just outside Aberdeen so loving not having to do a four hour trip!!! At least you guys have the opportunity of going to another venue instead... We never do!

ossy

Visit site
I'm just outside Aberdeen so loving not having to do a four hour trip!!! At least you guys have the opportunity of going to another venue instead... We never do!

Don't get me wrong I know u guys up north always have a tough deal so it's good but just means I can't decide where to go

DarkHorseB

Visit site

It's just a pity there aren't a couple more so that the nearest wasn't quite so far. Will take me almost 4 hours to Somerford too for me

khalswitz

Visit site
It's just a pity there aren't a couple more so that the nearest wasn't quite so far. Will take me almost 4 hours to Somerford too for me

It's such a pain with Scotland having so few competitors but so much area! They could do with a big equestrian centre say in Perth to run things from!