Scottish guys - Duns Castle HT/Team XC

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
woohoo!! Hopefully see you there! :D :D

:D

Same!!! ;) Can you tell im bored of winter stressage!!! :)

You're bored?! Think of poor H and me having been stuck with only stressage for the last few months...! :p Glad you pair are aware of the event! ;) :D

Think i will be spectating, never been down to it before but my friend is trying to get a side saddle team together so have to go and photograph

Ooooh, very brave- are they doing the open?!? You will need to keep an eye out for Team "Two Coos and a Grumpy Moo" if you are there?! :p

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Thanks for that but confused when it says Open Hunter Trial but suitable for Novice horses.Is it worth a blast round for a fitness run??Coos don't get left out when there is a yeeha on the go!!

FigJam

Thanks for that. I hopefully will be going. :)
Have you any idea what height the open course will be?

From memory, there were some fences on the open course that went up to 3'6 height, but on average I'd say 3-3'3, noodlejaffa is a local expert on the event I think, so maybe ask her?! (or she might pop up and advise on here!)

Thanks for that but confused when it says Open Hunter Trial but suitable for Novice horses.Is it worth a blast round for a fitness run??Coos don't get left out when there is a yeeha on the go!!

I think Mr C would love a flee round the open course! :D He would make the perfect third member with applestroodle and daveismycat to make a Coo Trio but the smaller course would be way too beneath him. ;)

smurf

Visit site
You are all gits, I hate you all. Please have a little sensitivity for those on the sick bench and STOP talking about XC ;-(

FigJam

You are all gits, I hate you all. Please have a little sensitivity for those on the sick bench and STOP talking about XC ;-(

Awww... I'm sorry! :( Not quite the same, but I do remember how last season felt watching everyone else having fun when I couldn't. :( And anyway... Hopalong has 2 full months to self harm...! :rolleyes:

Babybear... if we manage to avoid the white stuff, I bet you could get C fit in time. :D

FigJam

Smurf, tis indeed a bit rubbish for you :(

If it's any consolation there is no danger I'll be committing suicide that early in the year. I'm going to put off the inevitable a while longer I think.

Wheesh, HB would lurve it! :D And would be great prep for you getting top 10% BE90 placing, then top 20% BE90RF placing and heading to Badders Grassroots 2013?! :p

Im with smurf on this one, sssshhhhhhhhh! No talky xc! :(

I am very jealous.

hug.gif
How is the not-so-patient patient doing? :( x (and sorry! :( )

saz5083

Visit site
Got him home today, going back in monday. He's being very good actually. He's obv bored, bit uncomfy and not eating great (think he's seen enough haylage to last him a lifetime!) but he looked happy to be home. Baby steps from here on in. Havent broken it to him yet that his eventing days are over :(

I will maybe come cheerlead this season. Im rubbish at going to events if im not competing though! Good excuse to try and improve my photography skills though ;)

FigJam

Ah count me in, as long as I don't have to ride her before then???

(not really)

lol.gif

Got him home today, going back in monday. He's being very good actually. He's obv bored, bit uncomfy and not eating great (think he's seen enough haylage to last him a lifetime!) but he looked happy to be home. Baby steps from here on in. Havent broken it to him yet that his eventing days are over :(

I will maybe come cheerlead this season. Im rubbish at going to events if im not competing though! Good excuse to try and improve my photography skills though ;)

Glad you have him home, give him a pat and a wee carrot or summat from me and H. I'm sure he will be back looking himself again soon and have everything crossed that he proves them all wrong and can get back to some sort of action with you, it is heartbreaking though. :(

And yes- going along to stuff on foot is definitely not the same as being there to compete, but last year I figured it was better than not being involved at all and I still enjoyed catching up with everyone and cheering them on.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Helloooo!! For info, open class at Duns is generally around the 3'3 mark til you get to the extra field where jumps are usually 3'6. Usually great for those that have been hunting all winter, but even BE folk with PN/N horses tend to have a whizz round the wee course for and early season starter.

If I ever get a chance to see my bunch in daylight and have a chance to sit on them before then, I might have a wee spin round, given it's only a few miles up the road.

now_loves_mares

Visit site

Oh no this doesn't sound good :( What on earth happened?

ETS- just found your previous posts. What a shame, sounds like he was quite stoic having competed so well previously. Fingers crossed for a better than expected outcome. :)

Last edited:

saz5083

Visit site
Thanks AF, spoke to L yesterday and she said he had been very good.

Im trying to think positive, maybe next year we can stick two hooves up at them and come to play ;)

posie_honey

Visit site
i'm furiously working out if HRH would be fit for the 2'6.... i wont be able to get on her for another 2 weeks - we're currently long reining everyday to get us both fit....

is it a hilly course?

if i think she can manage it i may try to get a RC team together :D

smurf

Visit site
Thanks FJ - Will hopefully be there with the old and new one!!! See you there.

Was great to see you at the weekend!:)

I was judging last Sunday - I love your new one. He was so clever at the bounce, first time he was "What the hell??" then "OK, Got it" and in the Pre Nov looked like a pro. Very very nice pony!

FigJam

ooh fab - might be a nice fittener to start the year off with then :D

will see if i can pursuade my RC to sponsor a team ;)

Go for it, HRH would love a hoon round. :D Hoping I can try out FigJamHatCam at it too?! :D

Thanks FJ - Will hopefully be there with the old and new one!!! See you there.

Was great to see you at the weekend!:)

Great to catch you guys on Sun, sorry I missed Pingy Pony himself, but new boy looked lovely, hope he takes to eventing well this season- S must feel quite a difference swapping between them! ;)

FJ i think she was going to try and get them to do the novice class. But depends if she can get a team together.

Sounds very brave to do it side saddle, would be great to see. :)

Might see if I can get a team together.

:D