Scottish Horse Fair

LeneHorse

Visit site
Did anyone go to the Scottish Horse fair at Ingliston this weekend? What did you think? We quite enjoyed the demos (esp Andrew Hamilton on Saturday morning most entertaining!) but thought the shopping was a bit poor compared to the previous event that was held there a couple of years ago.

ClaireT

Visit site
I thought the shopping was poor, and only managed to find a few bits and pieces.
frown.gif
But I'm going to Olympia in a few weeks, so will spend more there
I didn't see Andrew Hamilton - but heard he came off earlier!
I did see Ian Stark's demo, which I thought was well worth the entry fee alone

Dougie

Visit site
we were through today, shoping was pretty pants...the stallion parade cringe worthy

demo's by andrew and ian were really good....and the carriage driving was....um...interesting
wink.gif

LeneHorse

Visit site
He did take a tumble but was very good humoured about it. The demo horse was only 4 and got a bit excited but was jumping well by the end of it.

ClaireT

Visit site
I made a sharp exit before the carriage driving *shudders*
as I had forgotten to bring cotton wool to stuff in my ears
wink.gif

My only decent bargain was a gorgeous pair of Sarm Hippique breeches, which I realised were a size too small when I got them home
frown.gif

Zobaby

Visit site
i went and andrew hamiltons display in the morning was good! the horse was lovely and we were watching right at the top of the arena so everytime he stopped at the end of the grid we got to pat the horse!
smile.gif

the shopping wasn't brilliant actually, but it was quite a small event, and there wasn't much room.
did you see the chariots of fire display? that woman was mental! really funny tho!