Scottish people, Moray Coast Vets or another vet?

Batgirl

Visit site
Hi guys,

Looking into vets for my potential steed's 5*, yard he is from uses Aberlour Vet Group so I had a look around and found Moray coast Vet Group but would be good to know if they are good or if there is anyone better that serves Elgin?

Ta :)

Last edited:

coss

Visit site
i've heard good things of the aberlour vet group - think they have a horse vet. not heard anything of the moray coast one.

glenruby

Visit site
I would advise using the horses own vet practice at least as that will give you access to your hotse's history.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I use Moray Coast for my 2 and I really rate them. :)
I've used them for 4 years and have no complaints and haven't heard of anyone having bad experiences with them either. I also find their rates (for what I've required) to be reasonable.

Aberlour vets is who my horse was originally with and its been years since I've had any dealings with them, but they were reasonable and again, I've not heard any bad things.

Horse Vets in the area (although I'm based nearer Inverness now) that people tend to go for are: Moray Coast or Kessock - may be a bit far out as they're Inverness. :)

Batgirl

Visit site
Thanks so much, really helpful. I have always been told not to use seller's own vet, conflict of interest, particularly with a stud as it is long term business.
Moray it is as I got a good quote for the vetting too
Xx

Dry Rot

Visit site
Not sure if they cover your area, but Kessock Equine Vets near Inverness are good but can be expensive. Google will find them.