Search for HGV horsebox

Mr Punch

Visit site
Having done my Class C I’m on the search for a HGV horsebox but slowly losing the will to live searching.

Can anyone recommend any dealers in the North of England with a good range of used horseboxes? Or even recommend someone with one for sale?

I’m looking for a compact HGV. Not a huge budget so age/looks not important as long as it’s safe and sound.

iconique

Visit site
I was lucky and found one ‘up north’ (I’m down south!)
Any good Horsebox at the right price nowadays seems to be a needle in a haystack. The one I bought neede a new ramp, whatcha with good repairers nearby was something not to miss.
Be patient and if you are after a small one then do your research on what might be a 7.5t and can be updated or was downrated, as this will widen your options? They are out there but this is the silly season where everything seems to be double in price. The food ones come and go very quickly, eBay, horsemart, preloved, keep checking and hoping.... good things come....

Good luck!

ROG

Visit site
Are you aware that driving anything over 7.5 tonnes you will come under full EU regs ?

If you work mon to fri that can be a real issue as it restricts you in general to driving it one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules

Mr Punch

Visit site
Yes I’m thinking of just waiting until Winter and hoping I might find something then! Didn’t realise it would be this hard to find something.