Searching for my horse’s Part-bred Arab Palomino twin!

RobertsRouge

Visit site
6BFBFEEE-B2CC-4F4C-882D-166DB7721C09.jpeg
Hello, it’s a bit of a long shot but I just wanted to post to see if I can locate my beautiful horse’s twin! I didn’t know she was a twin until I contacted the breeder yesterday to ask if she had any baby photos/ photos of Mum and Dad.

They’re part-Arab palominos born on July 8th, 2006 and registered with The Arab Society.

Sire: Grassendale Cream Icon
Dam: Voski

Attachments

• 2F5882D4-C1C0-493A-9B7E-EA9609647222.jpeg
    2F5882D4-C1C0-493A-9B7E-EA9609647222.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 9

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Sorry I can't help but I just wanted to say how lovely they are. :) Is yours the lighter or the slightly darker of the two? I'd love to see a pic of what she looks like now.

Good luck with your search.

millikins

Visit site
She's lovely. Good luck with your search, I assume you've tried FB? Is the breeder able to get you started, s/he must know who they sold the twin to?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
It's a shame that the Arabianlines forum is pretty much dead now as it used to be such a helpful place. I don't know if there is a Facebook page that took over (I'm not on FB) but if there is one that would be a good place to start.

paddy555

Visit site
Lovely pics and to see twins so evenly balanced and looking so good.
Good luck with the search. I would start with the breeder, age they were sold, how they were sold eg advert in local press, or nationally eg HH, and possibly what they were sold as eg broken, foals, broken and doing something. Then FB if you have something to go on.

Maybe put your post on the main tack room section with a pic of the foals to get everyone's interest. More people may see it.

RobertsRouge

Visit site
Lovely pics and to see twins so evenly balanced and looking so good.
Good luck with the search. I would start with the breeder, age they were sold, how they were sold eg advert in local press, or nationally eg HH, and possibly what they were sold as eg broken, foals, broken and doing something. Then FB if you have something to go on.

Maybe put your post on the main tack room section with a pic of the foals to get everyone's interest. More people may see it.

Thanks! I’ll try posting to main tack room as I know breeder, age, location plus sire and dam. Also posted on a few palomino groups and find my horses sibling group on fb.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I just had a thought. Is your girl registered with the Arab Horse Society? I have found them to be incredibly helpful in the past. Maybe you could write/email/phone them and ask if they would be willing to pass on a letter from you to the twin's current registered owner?

Might be worth a shot?

RobertsRouge

Visit site
She's lovely. Good luck with your search, I assume you've tried FB? Is the breeder able to get you started, s/he must know who they sold the twin to?

I’m waiting for her to reply with the twin’s sex and info on where they were sold to. I think the twin is also female, but can’t be certain from photos alone as there are tons of albums of them from 2.5 hours old to 11 months on Flickr.

RobertsRouge

Visit site
I just had a thought. Is your girl registered with the Arab Horse Society? I have found them to be incredibly helpful in the past. Maybe you could write/email/phone them and ask if they would be willing to pass on a letter from you to the twin's current registered owner?

Might be worth a shot?

Yes she is registered with them. I’m actually going to try calling them on Monday as I had the same thought, although Honey’s ownership hadn’t been updated in 6 years - you never know though?! ?️‍♀️?‍♀️

RobertsRouge

Visit site
It's a shame that the Arabianlines forum is pretty much dead now as it used to be such a helpful place. I don't know if there is a Facebook page that took over (I'm not on FB) but if there is one that would be a good place to start.
I’ve joined the fb group and posted so... ?