SEARCHING FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Laura6544

www.petportraitsbylauracooper.co.uk
I'm helping my friend search for her first horse and as I'm sick of scouring the internet for what seems a mythical beast! I'm laughing because all the perfect horses are either too much money by far, the right price but 100's of miles away or sold! I think its basically the wrong time of year but she desperately wants this and its very frustrating. You may laugh at this but if any one knows of something that fits this description I'd love to know, here goes....
15-15.3hh, no older than 12 years, light to middleweight, good looking, 100% in EVERYTHING, willing to jump but doesn't need to be a world beater, well schooled, good to do, responsive ride but suitable for novice! (I might as well add a pair of wings to the list) On the upside she's willing to pay a fair amount (she'll have to!) and it will be a home for life where it has the best of everything and spoilt rotten!
How do you fancy my chances?

X

xspiralx

Why not look for something thats maybe 13 or 14? Prices drop drastically once a horse gets over the age of about 11/12, and if she doesn't want a high end competition horse, a native x could go on doing a great job for her for 10 years +. As she doesn't want to sell on it won't make a difference to her in resale value, and she can probably get a much nicer horse for her money too.

ladyt25

Visit site
I know of someone who i think is still trying to sell their TB mare, she is 16hh ish i think 8yo, although i do not know much about her temperament wise (i think she's pretty easy going), she is ridden by a mother and daughter and hacked out regularly alone and in company so as far as I know she is a safe, reliable hack. They do a fair bit of RC dressage on her so she does a nice test.

She does a nice test (owners are riding club members so do a alot of riding club stuff) She however is not the keenest of jumpers - although i am not sure whether this is purely the horse or a combination of rider not being - how do I say - erm 'firm' enough and the horse not really wanting to do it herself! She used to be a hurdler so she certainly can jump! I think she is more confident showjumping it is just the x-country she's not keen on.

I have no idea what they want for her though - she was advertised on Horsemart a while back but I couldn't find the ad so don't know what price they put on her.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
No its not impossible. Back in the summer I was doing the same thing. rang up about 40 adverts and went to see 20 horses the longest being about 1.5 hours away. my initial budget was 6K then I went up to 8K and even 10K as I was finding it so hard. Then looked on my doorstep. Had to travel 20 mins to go see lovely boy, right age, right price, got some DR points and all for 6.5K coz she wanted a fabbo home for him more than the price. I'd never part with him either he is such a wonderful chap. even my Dad wants to ride him, so I have bribed him to loose weight. Every one wins!! lol!

charmaine

Visit site
It took me almost two years to find a similar horse. They are as rare as hens teeth. I travelled the length and breadth of the country and ironically he ended up being just around the corner from me.

They are out there but few and far between. A lot of people claim to be selling the "perfect" horse but in reality very few are in my experience.

Weezy

Visit site
I have one, but she is 16.2hh
frown.gif
I HAVE to sell P or H, I just cannot bring myself to write the adverts
frown.gif

Sooty

Visit site
May I suggest that you sell Holly? You have kept Porridge for quite a while now; that must mean something. You wouldn't even think of selling her if she was grey!
smirk.gif
Anyway, you have sat on her naked - that must count for something!
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
LOL! The boys are with you "Mummy she is part of the family, you CANNOT sell her" and even Jamie loves her
blush.gif
I thought I would do a "One must go" advert and let fate decide
crazy.gif

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL! The boys are with you "Mummy she is part of the family, you CANNOT sell her" and even Jamie loves her
blush.gif
I thought I would do a "One must go" advert and let fate decide
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you'd only just bought Holly, why selling so soon?
frown.gif

Chumsmum

Visit site
HBII owns that horse but she is not for sale - and if she ever was I'm first in the queue
grin.gif

Perhaps get in touch with your local RC - they might know of a good alrounder for sale?

Good luck!

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and I don't want to sell her at all, she is fab, but my OH got made redundant last week, so I need to sell whichever horse will sell first. Flops is already up for sale, and another has to go, whether that is P or H, it is in the lap of the Gods
frown.gif

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and I don't want to sell her at all, she is fab, but my OH got made redundant last week, so I need to sell whichever horse will sell first. Flops is already up for sale, and another has to go, whether that is P or H, it is in the lap of the Gods
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

frown.gif
How awful. I wish you all the best- hopefully he will find an amazingly well paid job and you can keep them both!
(positive thinking!
smile.gif
)