Seat size of the Saddle Company Verona Saddle

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Hi everyone.

I am in the market for a Saddle Company saddle. I am eyeing up a Verona but the seat size is 16 inches. My current saddle if 16.5 inch (Wintec Wide) and very generous, but I am guessing that is down to the seat being so wide.

Does anyone ride in a 16 inch? And what kind of dress size/leg length do you have?

Its a lovely saddle but I don't want to risk it being too small.

Thanks

Qru

Visit site
Hiya,
I ride in a 16" - have also ridden in a 15.5" :O - I'm 5'4" not quite sure about leg length but pretty small considering I prefer buying children's jodhs because adults are too long!
I'm a size 10 - 9.5/10 stone :)
I mainly ride in a 16" because my boy has quite a short back and finds a smaller saddle more comfy but I like the feeling of security that a smaller saddle gives - I used to ride in a 17.5" with my older boy and much prefer the 16" :)

HaffiesRock

Visit site
You are very much like me. I am 5ft 3, Size 10 and about 10 stone.

Is it a tight fit or a comfy fit?

The saddle looks great but I am just worried my bum wont fit in.

I have a Haffy so he is short backed. Oh I don't know what to do!

Coblover63

Visit site
You can get round and square cantles for SC saddles. The squared-off seats are more roomy for... er.... larger derrieres :)o) and the round cantles are pretty standard in my experience.

Qru

Visit site
I never found mine a tight fit and its a high-backed GP - I jump in it as well and have never poked myself with the back of it.
As I said I liked the security it gives :)
If you think there isn't much difference between a 16" and a 16.5" it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Do you have the option to send it back and get a refund if you don't like the shortness of it or it doesn't fit the horse?

HaffiesRock

Visit site
No, its an ebay purchase so cant send it back. Will probably be able to sell it on again without losing much money but haven't really got the time for that.

My pony is short backed so I think would struggle with a 17inch saddle.

Skyebald

Visit site
I've used a 16", it has the square cantle. I'm 5' 4" , 29 inside leg size 10. I find it fine . My mare is quite short backed so suits her well, although I prefer a suede seat so it is up for sale if anyone looking for a cob xxx wide :)

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
I'm 5'4, 8.5 stone, ride at 14.2hh, my saddle is 17" company saddle, I'd not get my bum in a 16/16.5". Also word of warning, don't think if you buy it and then need to sell it you won't loose to much money then I'm afraid your wrong. Saddle don't seem to be selling . I've knocked off £350 off my saddle and I've not had a whiff. It's a company saddle and hasn't even been sat on . So make sure, your sure before you buy.

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I personally think it'll be top small. I have a 17.5" on my 14hh new forest pony (thankfully he is a little long backed) but I do have very long legs and I weigh 7stone.