Second Dorset horse death with suspected knife wounds

digger2

Visit site
This is horrific, it would be bad enough to deal with the death but find your horse cut up as well. nightmare

virtual

iamanicecube.myphotoalbum.com
The horse who they thought had been stabbed, but infact had a heart attack is thought to have flailed against a barbed wire fence while having the attack, hence the "knife like" injuries.

This new case sounds very disturbing though, whether the horse was alive or dead when it happened.

jenbleep

Visit site
virtual i just want to say about the pony that died of a heart attack - it had stab wounds across its chestnuts on both front legs, a wound on his girth and also his ear had been cut lengthways. yes he died of natural causes but was still stabbed.

it is very sad, even worse when its close to home because it worries that hell out of me. bear cross is down the end of my road!

virtual

iamanicecube.myphotoalbum.com
[ QUOTE ]
virtual i just want to say about the pony that died of a heart attack - it had stab wounds across its chestnuts on both front legs, a wound on his girth and also his ear had been cut lengthways. yes he died of natural causes but was still stabbed.

it is very sad, even worse when its close to home because it worries that hell out of me. bear cross is down the end of my road!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fairly near me too. Someone posted on the NFED forum that a vet's report showed that the horse was not stabbed. I'm sorry if that was duff information.

LuanneCat

Visit site
How very very sad
frown.gif
:(, poor horse. What a world we live in. This is the thing that appears to be all too common at the moment and that is seriously giving me nightmares about returning to the UK with my horse
frown.gif
. The even sader thing is that it's such a small minority of people and the rest are so lovely.

classiclady

Visit site
There are some sick people about. My friends horse was slashed under her tail a few years ago now and that was horrific but to find your horse dead and parts missing its just unbearable. I feel that keeping your horse at a yard that has people coming and going and
someone lives on the yard is the safest way to keep your horse.

I know some people don't have a choice

Fantasy_World

Visit site
How very sad for all the horses involved and their owners too
frown.gif
If these were the victims of stabbing/flaying/dissecting then it just goes to show there are some very sick people out there doesn't it
frown.gif

Caroline
mad.gif

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

It's fairly near me too. Someone posted on the NFED forum that a vet's report showed that the horse was not stabbed. I'm sorry if that was duff information.

[/ QUOTE ]

No that isn't duff info, a post mortem result showed some tiny cuts that were not stab wounds, could have been caused by rolling over stones (their supposition, not mine)
My experience is that these types of injuries are usually the result of animal attacks post mortem

GoJo

Visit site
there were 2 separate incidents- the first in parley where they thought it was stabbed - turned out "knife" wounds were sustained after the horse died from a massive heart attack and fell and cut itself.

the second was in Poole and had its face slashed and ear cut , died from wounds and these were inflicted by a person/people- this was next to a main road.