Second Hand Fitted Saddle Price

WithoutWings

Visit site
I am looking to buy a second hand saddle later this year from a fitter and I was wondering in what kind range would I be looking at price wise?

The kind of saddle I would be looking for would be a GP leather saddle. Medium/wide + depending on my Coblet's shape at the time.

Any quotes from experience or reasonable guesses?

Sealine

Visit site
A couple of years ago I paid £650 for a black second hand Albion K2 GP in very good condition. My horse was very difficult to fit and I didn't have a choice of saddles I just had to buy the one that fitted. My horse is cob cross with massive shoulders!

Prices of second hand saddles vary hugely based on condition and brand name/quality of the saddle. I could have bought a new Silhouette saddle for a similar price but I wasn't impressed with the quality of them.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Depends on the saddle and the fitter. I paid £600 last year for a 1 yr old Ideal jumping saddle from a fitter, but you could get a new synthetic for that. Depends what you want. When I buy saddles, I have a budget in my mind and stick to it. When I bought my jumping saddle I said no more than £700, and the same when I recently bought a DR saddle.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Depends totally on the saddle, anything from £150 up. I've had some really good quality, good make, second hand saddles for around £400.

Annagain

Visit site
I paid £600 for a 1 yr old Ideal Event 9 years ago but talking to my saddler last time he said it would still cost about that for the same thing now. I'd rather buy a decent 2nd hand saddle than pay the same for a lower quality new one. Mine still fits and it still in excellent condition so well worth what I paid for it.
It's very difficulty to give a price range it will depend on so many factors - what fits the horse, what fits you, what the saddler has in stock, whether it needs altering to fit etc. Hope you find what you want.

BellaBoyzie92

Visit site
Ditto what everyone else says, it depends on the fitter and what type of saddles they have.
I bought a 2nd hand brown leather GFS gp saddle 5 years ago, it was while my horse was at college and I bought it privately from a member of staff for £250, they have a saddler out regularly so when he came out next week he only had to flock it slightly and it fit very well.
He's a very high withered, wide warmblood, the saddle is cut back at the withers and so comfy! Bargain in my eyes :) remember to haggle with the fitter and stick to your budget!

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I recently paid £350 for a second hand saddle from my fitter. It's quite old but still in very good condition and the only thing that fitted my tb. She paid me £300 for my oakfield one (more than I thought she would!) which cost me £595 new and was well looked after so £50 in total for a happier horse equalled a happy me :)