Second hand saddle - which are best?

1alex1moose

Visit site
My horse has changed shape drastically and the saddle I bought him now doesnt fit... I need another one but cant afford a new one so i need something second hand. I always try and go for a good make such as albion or stubben if i can but what other kinds of older saddles do you think fit really well and last well???

KatB

Visit site
Anything that fits
wink.gif
Not a great fan of Albion or Stubben. Ideals and barnsbys are lovely saddles.

Nickijem

Visit site
My high-withered horse has a second hand black country saddle. It is designed for high withered horses so although it is a medium fit, it isn't too low on his withers - and is very comfy to ride in too!

TigerLilly

Visit site
wintec 2000 the best saddle seconhand you can buy it fitted my horse very well all through him changing shape and i now have a ideal saddle for showing and hunting and still use my wintec for everything else and for £130 second hand you cant co far wrong :)

jesterfaerie

Visit site
I have just got myself a second hand Barnsby WH saddle, the saddler ages it at around 5yro and it is in fantastic condition! So I would rate that but I 110% rate Ideal saddles I am gutted that I was unable to get an Ideal saddle this time around
frown.gif